Complaint Review: On Time Digital

• Submitted: Fri, May 01, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 01, 2009

• Reported By:EVART Michigan
On Time Digital
1151 McDonald Ave. Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

On Time Digital BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY!! Brooklyn New York

I was lured to this company by their low priced GPS yesterday (4-30-09) and wanted the unit Garmin 765T, I did order online and when I called in to make sure they would ship it immediately, they said that I need to purchase maps for addl 149, I asked them to cancel my order they said it would be a 15% cancelation fee, well they said they would put it on hold so...

I immediately called Garmin and they said that their units come with maps I don't need to purchase them separately,

So I called OTD back like an hour latter and told them calmly to just send the basic unit.... (I still wanted that good price they had) "What do you mean, I told you that unit is an imported model and is not in stock and won't work for the US etc... then I asked Him to just cancel my order then and he hung up without giving me much satisfaction.

I take it that they lure people in with their low prices then when they have the order, they try to up sell accessories for a ridiculous high price.

(30 Min into this I called my bank and had my CC/Debit card Hogged and the charge never went thru) I am so grateful for people like (((competitor's name redacted)))that you can trust... just ordered my Gps thru them tonight

Joseph
EVART, Michigan

sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company, ..plus, if you post a competitors name more than likely they will show up on search engines as a Rip-off! - - your comments on this policy are welcome. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. In this case we removed an alleged competitor's name

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2009 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/On-Time-Digital/Brooklyn-New-York-11230/On-Time-Digital-BE-VERY-CAREFUL-WHEN-BUYING-FROM-THIS-COMPANY-Brooklyn-New-York-448177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on On Time Digital