Complaint Review: On Time Digital

• Updated: Fri, March 13, 2009

• Reported By:San Juan Capistrano California
On Time Digital
ontimedigital.com Nationwide U.S.A.

On Time Digital Total Scam, Bait and Switch, Do Not Do Business with this fraud. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Some secrets from an someone who has heard many of the horror stories

I Googled "lowest price" on a Canon sd880is digital camera and "On Time Digital " came up. I checked out their web page and found the discription of the camera rather incomplete. I then called the company and asked for additional information as to what was included with the camera, specifically battery, charger, cables, manual... The first person said "I don't know" and hung up on me. The next call/person (Joe S.) I spoke with informed me that "it comes with everything". I then completed the order with my CC#. I was then informed to call back to "confirm" the order after I received an order # via email. I got the email with the order # and called to "confirm". They then tied to sell me a battery, charger ect. I told them that I was avdised that they were included with the original purchase. Joe S. then said that the original purchase was for a "import model" and only the "domestic model" had all the accessories. I then said I wanted to cancel the order and he hung up on me. I called back to custermer service and they said that the order was canceled and a cancelation email would be sent...I have yet to receive the cancel email.

Scamed
San Juan Capistrano, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2009 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/On-Time-Digital/nationwide/On-Time-Digital-Total-Scam-Bait-and-Switch-Do-Not-Do-Business-with-this-fraud-Internet-432256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on On Time Digital

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Some secrets from an someone who has heard many of the horror stories

AUTHOR: Harry - (U.S.A.)

Here are some secrets from an someone who has heard many of the horror stories regarding consumer electronics telesales firms.

Too good to be true still applies. You will never find a legitimate dealer with a price that is $100 less than EVERYONE else on the internet. Furthermore, if you see a price that is even 5% lower than the lowest of 5 other website, you should be suspicious. There really isn't much money in this category, if a dealer make $60 on a $1000 camera, he's doing alright.

Tip offs to rip offs; If you hear any variation of these phrases...RUN!
* "Oh, that price is for the import/export model."
* "That price doesn't include..."(warranty, cables, software, fill in the blank)
* "Your item will ship in 4-8 weeks." (This is usually followed up by, "That isn't in stock" or "That is the import model and it won't be in until later"; This is a clear fraud that would have you believe exchange rates are so favorable that US dollars can buy a product from South America or anywhere else at a terrific price.)
* Shipping is an outrageous amount.
* "I can't check stock until you order."
* "There is a restocking fee of $$$ or 20+%..."(Restocking fees are legal but should be reasonable. Business don't actually have to take returns and those with thin margins may require a flat fee of $15-$25 or 5%-15%. But remember, if you buy from someone who accepts returns, you may very well be receiving someone else's return.)

Nail down what exactly what you are getting and how much shipping is and when exactly it will ship before you give your credit card number. Don't buy from websites or anyone who doesn't disclose an address. Google the address and or the company and see if the information jives. Google the company or search RipOff Report directly.
Use a credit card and check your statement or your charges after the purchase and make sure the amount charged is what you expect. Many of these unscrupulous companies tell you one thing on the pone and charge another hoping you are too busy to check your credit card statement.

Remember:Too good to be true applies today more than ever!