Complaint Review: On Time Moving and Storage

• Submitted: Thu, May 26, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, August 16, 2011

• Reported By: Ruth — Elizabethtown Pennsylvania United States of America
On Time Moving and Storage
3520 Agricultural Center Dr. St. Augustine, Fl. St. Augustine, Florida United States of America

On Time Moving and Storage Trad Ravan Moved from Fl. to Pa. There are missing items, damaged and broken items. St. Augustine, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The Truth

On April 14,2011 On Time Moving and Storage loaded our furniture and another possessions into their truck.  All went well at that point, except for the fact that they were 30 minutes later than the time promised.
Delivery was promised in Pa. on April 18, 2011.  Our children took that day from work to help us get settled.  When the movers didn 't arrive at the promised time, we called and were told that the delivery  wouldn't be until the following day.  This was a great inconvenience because all of our helpers couldn't get more time off, making it very difficult for us.  nd this also cost us an extra night in a hotel.  However, the co. did reimburse us for that.
Also, I told the rep. that we wanted to pay with a credit card and was told we could do that, but they would bring papers for us to fill out and sign 3 days ahead, but the movers never brought the papers, so we were forced to get a cashier's check, which our daughter provided, since we didn't have access to a local bank.
As we've unpacked, we find that there are some things missing: kitchen step-stool, metal tool box with tools.
Damaged items: antique rocker with cane seat and back - the cane on the back is broken, bathroom scale damaged and weights can't be moved, the box spring from the bed has a dirty (black) smudge on the edge and the fitted sheet is ripped, a Lenox floor lamp is completely broken apart.
We feel that the furniture must have had some very rough treatment because just about every drawer has been tossed around and the contents very upset and there are important papers missing from the filing cabinet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2011 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/On-Time-Moving-and-Storage/St-Augustine-Florida-/On-Time-Moving-and-Storage-Trad-Ravan-Moved-from-Fl-to-Pa-There-are-missing-items-dama-733556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on On Time Moving and Storage

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The Truth

AUTHOR: OTM - (United States of America)

I am Trad Ravan the owner of On Time Moving. This is the truth. The guys were 15 minutes late the day of the load up. Also before you read this remember I did this estimate personally. I also stopped by the house twice after the estimate to help them pack certain things that they were worried about. I brought boxes which I did not charge them for and I also packed boxes for them which I did not charge them for. Which amounted to over $100 dollars.

There was never a promised date there was a 2 day window (which I have proof of and we did deliver in the 2 day window) I did tell them I would try my best for their specific day but on the load up they were told it would probably not happen and they said OK.

There were a few damages which I apalogized for and tried to take care of. They were all very minor. Money was removed from the amount of the bill (which I have proof of). Some of the damages were from improper packing which we are not responsible for. If the homeowner improperly packs a box which is in no way crushed or damaged. We are not responsible for the items in the box.

Days after the move I was contacted by their kids. They requested I pay them personally for days of work lost. We did not move them and they did not need to be there. My guys unloaded everything set up everything and put everything in place. I mean everything. I find it unreasonable to pay people for days missed of work who we are not even moving. And did not need to be there in the first place.

And the credit card papers were brought the day of the move. They were never filled out. We dont fill out the credit card authorization form the homeowners do. I believe I went above and beyond to resolve the issue and did everything possible to be more than fair.