Complaint Review: On Time Tree and Snow Removal

• Reported By: Marcia — Dayton Ohio USA
On Time Tree and Snow Removal
Springfield, Ohio United States of America

On Time Tree and Snow Removal Landscaping Rip Off! Springfield, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Had to move logs myself and have had surgery for epilepsy!

*General Comment: Important information

A few weeks ago a group of guys knocked on my door offering landscaping services. They handed me a nice looking business card and, after reviewing their services, decided to hire them to remove some old firewood and brush from my property. It was already stacked and ready to go. We settled on a price of $200.00.  They asked permission to drive their truck through the grass to make it easier to load. No problem. The driver used a ground guide to make sure he didn't run over any plants.  They also showed me the license and insurance they carried. So, overall, I was pretty impressed. They went to work.

Meanwhile, my neighbor, Bob, comes over and the guy who seemed to be in charge gave him an estimate of $150.00 to do some work for him.  By the time Bob and I had written our checks the guys had filled the truck with my wood.  The guy in charge said they were going to the dump and would be back for the rest.

Well, you guessed it! They never came back.

We notified the police of the scam, even though they didn't do anything criminal.  But the police officer called them, and later received a call back from the owner.  The owner then called Bob, apologized for his crew's screw up, and said he would personally return to finish the work for both of us.

Haven't seen or heard from him since.  I did a litte research and here's what I know:

The owner is Brandon Smith, a convicted felon, who I believe lives in Springfield, Ohio. The crew was roaming around our neighborhood on the south side of Dayton.  Brandon's sister, Brandi Smith, was the one to whom we made out the checks.  The checks were cashed within an hour or two of us writing them.  Brandi also lives in Springfield.  I was also charged sales tax, so I reported them to the state revenue agency in charge of investigating tax fraud.

I think I have a strong case for small claims court, but won't pursue it because (a) I didn't get a copy of the written contract - which was actually written up; and (b) the amount of money I'm out isn't enough to justify pissing off a felon. The dude knows where I live.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2012 04:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/On-Time-Tree-and-Snow-Removal/Springfield-Ohio-/On-Time-Tree-and-Snow-Removal-Landscaping-Rip-Off-Springfield-Ohio-891430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on On Time Tree and Snow Removal

Had to move logs myself and have had surgery for epilepsy!

AUTHOR: Michele - (United States of America)

The On Time Tree and Snow Removal people came to my house also. In Columbus Ohio. They looked professional, and cut large limbs off a tree in front of our house.  The said they would come back to remove them from the sidewalk.

They never came back. I ended up pulling the limbs of the tree into our yard.  Some of them were very heavy. I had surgery for epilepsy 2 years ago, so the left side of my head has a large dent in it.  It has not healed completely.  It takes a while for the scull to heal.

Why would they let a lady who has had surgery on her scull, and it has not healed completely be the one who has to move the large logs they have left behind? Now, that I found out they are convicted felons, I am afraid to try to call then to try to clean up the trees in our yard.

#2 General Comment

Important information

AUTHOR: Beefy - (United States of America)

I'm so sorry that u have had the misfortune of coming in contact with these people,I am also sorry to say I know these people personally.so there for yes Brandon is a felon but I can promise you they will not do anything. As I'm sure u r aware u are not the only victim they have done this to.so u should def presue this issue. The address for Brandi is 1020 w mulberry at. Springfield Ohio. Phone is 937-301-7496 again I'm sorry for ur misfortune.