Complaint Review: On-line Rewards

• Updated: Mon, December 12, 2005

• Reported By:Medford New Jersey
On-line Rewards
www.gift@metareward.com Internet U.S.A.

On-line Rewards Ripoff Never sent the gift card for Home Depot that was promised if you signed up for the american express card plus there online address doesn't work Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: About your not getting a response

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Am I a Victim of Fraud?

I ordered the american express card with the promise of a gift card for Home Depot. I have never received it nor can you reach them by there e-mail address. I would like to know where my gift card is and how these companies (gift@ metareward.com)are allowed to stay on the internet.

It sounds like a scam put out by the companies that are vying to get your business. You are not to supposed to call the sponsored company, but what other recourse it there. It is a big rip-off and these offers for participating should not be allowed on the internet.

Judith
Medford, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2004 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/On-line-Rewards/internet/On-line-Rewards-Ripoff-Never-sent-the-gift-card-for-Home-Depot-that-was-promised-if-you-s-111226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on On-line Rewards

About your not getting a response

AUTHOR: Joanne - (U.S.A.)

I, too, thought that I wasn't getting answers to my e-mails until I went under my Account on their website. If you click on that link, (at least I) got a link in the first paragraph that says if you have questions about your account "Click Here." This is where you will find the answers to your e-mails. I wrote three different questions and they answered them all within 48 hours -- usually sooner. I don't think they explain this link well enough. Give it a try.

On another good note, I got a reward (of $800) over a year ago with the same company. They were very reputable, which is why I'm giving it another shot this year.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Am I a Victim of Fraud?

AUTHOR: Connie - (U.S.A.)

At the beginning of July I responded to an email offer for a free Bose CD player which linked me to Stamps.com. The link was created by MetaRewards. I signed up with Stamps.com, and stayed beyond the trial period, which is 29 days. Currently I am in good standing with Stamps.com for over 90 days.

I have been unable to get anyone to even respond to my enquiries at Metarewards, let alone establish that I have completed what was required to get the free CD player.

Stamps.com says it is not their task to fulfill the rewards, although it gives an incentive to Metarewards for having clients stay beyond the trial period in good standing.

Metarewards' phone number does not take messages, and there is no way to leave word to give a call back. My emails have been ignored.