Complaint Review: On the Go Magazine

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

On the Go Magazine Bret Gonzalez BEWARE LOCAL BUSINESS OWNERS! Florida

I was contacted on 5/7/2014 on my cell phone by Bret Gonzalez stating that he was calling for see if I was interested in advertising in a magazine that is mailed to members of local country clubs. He stated the clubs involved were Jasna Polana In Princeton, Hopewell Vally in Hopewell Twp and another in Lawrenceville. I asked about circulation, mailing times, etc. He said a 1/4 page ad was $400. 1/2 page was $600 and full page was $1000.  I told him the proposal sounded intriguing, but I was driving, could I call him back to give him my card # (just to stall a bit). He said I needed to reserve the space that day and he'd be leaving at 4PM - it was now 3:40PM.

I Then called the business office of Springdale County Club and asked if they have a magazine distributed to memeber 4x a yr. The woman said no but that sounded familiar. She came back to the phone after speaking with a colleague and said that this had happened once before, and that they do not have any publications that are sent to their members.  I then called Bret G. Back this morning and asked about a website. I was given onthegomagazine.com and found a report on this site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2014 06:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/On-the-Go-Magazine/Florida/On-the-Go-Magazine-Bret-Gonzalez-BEWARE-LOCAL-BUSINESS-OWNERS-Florida-1144992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on On the Go Magazine