Complaint Review: On time tree and snow removal

• Submitted: Wed, October 17, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 18, 2012

• Reported By: Ruth — Findlay Ohio United States of America
On time tree and snow removal
None on Card Akron, Ohio United States of America

On time tree and snow removal Brandon, owner They negotiated with my husband to cut down our tree and take away the brush. They left everything lay where it landed, along with a broken rake and left. After a phone converstation with Dave (an a Akron, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: comment

A man came to the door and said that if we didn't get the tree cut down in our front yard it would fall on our house.  My husband who is terminally ill believed that this was so and agreed to a price of $375.00 to have the tree cut down and the branches removed from the property.  They cut the tree down and left all the branches, limbs and trunk just lying where they fell.  I called the number on the business card and they apologized and said they would be back to clean it up.  They never came as promised.  Now I am stuck with a mess in my yard that I have no means to clean up.  The back of their business card says 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!  Obviously they don't understand what that means.

Lesson learned: don't let just anyone who comes to your door do work for you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/On-time-tree-and-snow-removal/Akron-Ohio-/On-time-tree-and-snow-removal-Brandon-owner-They-negotiated-with-my-husband-to-cut-down-956295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on On time tree and snow removal

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

The same exact thing happened to me AND my neighbor!  Brandon Smith is the owner, and his sister, Brandi, is the one to whom we made out our checks. They were cashed the same day, even though the work wasn't completed and they never returned to finish. We called the police and the officer talked to both Brandon and Brandi, who promised they would return. They never did.

I don't know how old you and your husband are, but if you're over 65, this type of "theft by deception" is considered a felony in Ohio.  Please file a police report!

Also, please file a small claims suit. You need an address to have it served. The address for Brandi is 1020 W Mulberry, Springfield Ohio. Phone is 937-301-7496.

Good luck, and keep us posted!