Complaint Review: OnLingo

• Submitted: Sun, October 16, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, October 16, 2011

• Reported By: Jeremy — Cape Girardeau Missouri United States of America
5300 Ontario Mills Parkway Unit 400 Ontario, California United States of America

OnLingo I Got Charged Money For A Product I Returned... 2 MONTHS AGO. Ontario, California

I ordered the risk-free trial of OnLingo's Spanish language learning program almost 2 months ago (8/23/2011).  As is stated in their Terms & Conditions, verbatim:

"Start your RISK-FREE Trial today and we will send you a complete Level 1 kit in the language of your choice. You will receive a complete kit: real language content and actual lessons not just a "demo". Simply pay $6.95 for shipping and processing and the kit is yours to try for 14 days to see how Onlingo really can fit into your busy life. During your risk-free trial period, we want you to use the entire kit and learn as much as you can. If you decide that Onlingo is not right for you, simply call a live Customer Care specialist at 1 800 949 6880 at any time during your 14 day risk-free trial period to cancel. Then simply return the CDROM and you will NEVER be billed."

2 days later, I did indeed call their number, got the RMA, and sent the kit back, not being interested in keeping it.  I was assured that there would be no more charges to my bank account, except for the original $6.95 s&h charge for the trial, and up until today (10/17/2011) that remained true.  However, when I checked my bank statement online at approximately 9:00 p.m., after arriving home from work, I see a charge of $79.95 from OnLingo on my statement, charged just today, which has now put my account in the red, instead of having the positive balance that should be there.  Obviously, they are scam artists, and are apparently thinking that I'm blind enough to not notice such a false charge being placed almost 2 months after I thought that I would never have to give these people a second thought.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2011 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnLingo/Ontario-California-91764/OnLingo-I-Got-Charged-Money-For-A-Product-I-Returned-2-MONTHS-AGO-Ontario-California-789528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnLingo