meat

• Submitted: Sun, October 01, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, August 16, 2007

• Reported By:San Clemente California
OnRebate - Tiger Direct
www.onrebate.com Boca Raton, Florida, Internet U.S.A.

OnRebate And Tiger Direct Rebate rip-off NIKO Electronics Boca Raton Flroida, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Responses

*Consumer Comment: what the heck

*Author of original report: Tiger Direct - $100 rebate for NIKO TV . YES! Finally a year later I got my rebate! It just shouldn't have had to be this hard or this long...

*UPDATE Employee: Help with your rebate

Filed for $100 rebate May 11, 2006. As of October 1, 2006 have received nothing and unable to get any status at the OnRebate site as the documentation for filing the rebate states. This was a scam but I don't think Tiger Direct is the culprit here, unless they continue to allow manufacturers engaging OnRebate to process rebates.

All manufacturers rely on consumers to either never file or never follow up on rebates. The reason I made the purchase was because of the $100 rebate, which is the intent on the part of the manufacturer. I've been a long time customer of Tiger Direct and never had a problem until now but I think I will look for other resources in the future.

I'm also filing a complaint with every agency or state office in FL that is available to file with.

Cynthia
San Clemente, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2006 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebate-Tiger-Direct/Boca-Raton-Florida-Internet/OnRebate-And-Tiger-Direct-Rebate-rip-off-NIKO-Electronics-Boca-Raton-Flroida-Internet-213652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate - Tiger Direct

Responses

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Mark,

Advising the customer to submit their information is the first step in us resolving the rebate issue. That is why I post the message you're complaining about -- to advise the customer. As you can see, the customer did in fact receive the rebate after all -- proof that we actually are taking care of things.

Thank you for your concern.

what the heck

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Alex
stop coping and pasting. i have seen several pos against tigerdirect and you have posted the same thing on there.
if your so concerned then actualy fix the issue.
no one belives you.

Help with your rebate
Dear Customer:

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and if the issue has not yet been resolved, I would be glad to assist you. To begin, please email me at alex@help.tigerdirect.com with your Tiger Direct order number in the subject line, as well as a brief summary of your rebate situation in the body of your email. If you have your rebate tracking number(s), you can include that also. Your issue will be researched, and we look forward to resolving it for you as promptly as possible.

Tiger Direct Customer Service/Web Response

AUTHOR: Cynthia - (U.S.A.)

Finally a year later I got my rebate! I should not have had to work this hard for it or had to wait this long! Be very wary of OnLineRebate offers.

Help with your rebate