Complaint Review: OnRebate

• Submitted: Mon, August 20, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, September 13, 2007

• Reported By:Milwaukee Wisconsin
120 E PALMETTO PARK RD, 3rd FLOOR Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

OnRebate - OnRebate.com DISHONEST Does not honor Tigerdirect Rebates Rebate Ripoff Boca Raton Florida

*UPDATE Employee: rebate assitance

I purchased a 22" widescreen HyVision/Megavision LCD monitor from Tigerdirect on 6/7/07. There was an available rebate on the product for $60 and I submitted the rebate in a timely manner to OnRebate who is the company that is apparently handing all Tigerdirect/Hyvision rebates.

I received a notification back from this joke of a company a while later stating they did not have all of the "correct" paperwork. I sent them everything I was given, it turns out Tigerdirect did not supply an invoice with the shipment and I had sent them out a printed receipt instead (the paperwork looked pretty much identical). So I resent this paperwork to them after talking to Tigerdirect (and getting the correct paperwork which they failed to supply). I waited 2 weeks and heard nothing from these people and their webpage did not reflect the paperwork I sent them. I sent them multiple emails and they continued to claim they did not receive anything from me.

Onrebate.com is obviously an DISHONEST company and should not be dealt with period by either Tigerdirect or Hyvision. I sent complaints to both companies to break all relations with this fly-by-night basement company before more customers get burnt. I plan to file complaints against them with both the state of Florida as well, hopefully no one else will do business with them.

I continued asking OnRebate for a physical address to send the paperwork FEDEX so their could be NO DOUBT that they received it. They flat out *refused* to give me a physical address (An employee named Peter on 8/15/07 refused to give it to me). (this alone should raise some alarm bells with you). So I resent the paperwork last week to their PO Box using tracking / signature confirmation and the item was delivered as follows:

Label/Receipt Number: 2304 3090 0000 1540 4252
Status: Delivered Your item was delivered at 9:30 AM on August 18, 2007 in MIAMI, FL 33144. The item was signed for by B FABIAN.

I did find out their physical address via the State of Florida, at least I can now send them legal summons if need be:

I suggest anyone that purchases from Tigerdirect totally AVOID buying anything that requires a rebate, it's not worth the hassle and headaches. The postage on the signature confirmation / tracking mail *alone* cost me $4.60 plus my time/gas/mileage to make a special trip to the post office.

I doubt this company will be in business any longer, in fact I just went to their website this morning and it appears to be down (wow, that's encouraging).

Tigerdirect/OnRebate - Go ahead and reply here with your cookie cutter response that you've sent to every other complaint, I dare you. You've dropped the ball with dozens of other customers and you don't seem to learn from your past mistakes. I've sent you many emails and called you many times on the phone, and based on whom i've talked to your employees are more incompetant than most fast food employees i've run into. PATHETIC!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2007 06:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebate/Boca-Raton-Florida-33432/OnRebate-OnRebatecom-DISHONEST-Does-not-honor-Tigerdirect-Rebates-Rebate-Ripoff-Boca-Ra-268733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate

rebate assitance

AUTHOR: Pedro - (U.S.A.)

We apologized for any frustration cause during the rebate process. To further assist please contact me Pedro at 1-888-222-9300 or my personal e-mail address pedro.mondejar@onrebate.com