Complaint Review: OnRebate

• Submitted: Fri, March 14, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 23, 2008

• Reported By:West Jordan Utah
OnRebate
PO Box 440588 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

OnRebate, OnRebate.com Rebate check never received. Unable to get a replacement. Miami Florida

*Consumer Comment: Don't be fooled Michael

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service

On 10/25/2005 I purchased a PNY 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz at TigerDirect.com. This item had 2 rebates on it. One rebate was processed and I received the check. The other rebate was denied because OnRebate.com didn't receive it for some reason. After months of phone calls and emails I finally got them to let me resubmit the rebate and a check was supposedly issued on 12/13/2006 but I never received the check.

After another round of phone calls and emails I got them to issue a replacement check on or around 9/15/2007 but I never got that check either. I have called and emailed them several times and when I call I'm told that they'll refer the problem to "accounting" but then I never hear from them again and now they're not replying to my emails either.

I find it highly suspicious that the check for this rebate has gotten "lost" not once but TWICE. Quite frankly I don't think they ever mailed the checks. I think they just told me they mailed the checks so I would go away.

OnRebate.com has the worst excuse for customer service. I don't think anybody works there for more than a month. Every time I try to follow up with somebody that I get an email from I get an automatic reply telling me that person doesn't work there any more.

All I want is a simple check for $10.00.

Is that too much to ask for?

Michael
West Jordan, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2008 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebate/Miami-Florida-33144/OnRebate-OnRebatecom-Rebate-check-never-received-Unable-to-get-a-replacement-Miami-Fl-317940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate

Don't be fooled Michael

AUTHOR: Gabriel - (U.S.A.)

That tiger direct customer service employee Elizabeth knows exactly what she is saying.

Notice how many tigerdirect or onrebate ROR's always have rebuttal's by employees. tigerdirect rebates are almost non-existent as far as receiving checks.

Why is this so? Possibly because onrebate and tigerdirect are both subsidiaries owned by the same parent company systemax, who also are now the owners of compusa.

When filling out and mailing off for rebates from tigerdirect, there are very specific steps they want you to do and how to do it. As with all rebates, it includes keeping copies of all paperwork for yourself and mailing paperwork thru the USPS via certified mail for proof that they have received the rebate paperwork and can't deny that it was never received. It's not your fault if they lose it, but if the post office were to lose it...'oh, we're so sorry, nothing we can do for you.'

Keep us updated with what Miss elizabeth.hernandez@tigerdirect.com says and if you actually do receive your check.

Customer Service

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

Dear Michael,

I want to resolve this for you but there isn't enough information in your post for me to identify which rebate processing company handled your rebate claim. Please understand that TigerDirect doesn't process rebates rather rebates are processed by one of several different 3rd party processing companies. Please contact me directly at elizabeth.hernandez@tigerdirect.com so I can get the additional information necessary to resolve this issue for you. TigerDirect is committed to our customers and I'd like the chance to prove our commitment.

Sincerely,