Complaint Review: OnRebate

• Submitted: Tue, January 31, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 18, 2007

• Reported By:Youngstown Ohio
OnRebate
P.O. Box 3028 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

OnRebate is giving Tiger Direct a MAJOR Black eye ripoff Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: rebate

A prior poster "Gerald", of Loyalhanna, PA has the correct position, in my view, about this entire matter regarding Onrebate.com, and TigerDirect.

My circumstances are much the same as his. However, I build and service computers as a hobbyist, primarily.

I have been dealing with TigerDirect as a consumer since the year 2000, and NEVER have I had any unpleasant experiences with this company.

With TigerDirect, I have always had fast, reliable services, shipping was expedited and arrived as expected.. my rebates were honored by whatver manufacturer, or vendor's products I purchased..

Then, I "met" onrebate. The frustrations mounted with each email I received from them regarding a $75.00 rebate I was entitled to upon the purchase of an X2Gen 19" monitor.

Initially, I was accepted, approved and promised a rebate from onrebate.com before I knew it, I was then declined a few weeks later.

My denial from onrebate concerned a "denial from the vendor" for an "invalid serial number" of the product [monitor].

I couldn't get a more PRECISE number from the monitor than I had submitted, as I referred to the back of the monitor, documenting the EXACT numbers from its manufacturer's sticker!

Per TigerDirect's site instructions:

I resubmitted all necessary data to TigerDirect, and was initially denied because the original purchase order, and UPC code wasn't submitted. I couldn't very well send the originals, because Onrebate had them.

Upon receiving the denial letter from TigerDirect, I called them immediately, and spoke to a kind and courteous young man.

He was, and is the sole individual I chose to continue communications with regarding this rebate matter. TigerDirect, and their courteous customer representatives have rectified this matter.

As an aftermention, I received yet another request from onrebate for further investigations regarding this denied $75.00 rebate [1/20/06]. The company requested I resubmit ALL necessary documents for reconsideration regarding this rebate matter.

I REFUSE to waste any stamps, paper, or time addressing this company ever again.

This company is giving TigerDirect a MAJOR black eye.

Just my $.02

Donna
Youngstown, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2006 09:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebate/Miami-Florida-33144/OnRebate-is-giving-Tiger-Direct-a-MAJOR-Black-eye-ripoff-Miami-Florida-174174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate

rebate

AUTHOR: Pedro - (U.S.A.)

We apologized for any frustration cause during the rebate process. In order to better assist you please e-mail me at pedro.mondejar@onrebate.com.Thank You