Complaint Review: OnRebate

OnRebate
OnRebate.com Nationwide U.S.A.

OnRebate Making Rebates difficult

*UPDATE Employee: Website Issues

I haven't been ripped off yet, because I just made my purchase and have yet to mail in the rebates, but I want to expose this company for deliberately making the rebate process difficult.

It has taken about 4 hours to work through the process of obtaining and filling out the 4 rebate forms to which I am entitled. OnRebate makes you go through a 5 part process to obtain your rebate form. This process includes entering data and waiting for a return confirmation email number before entering more data.

There was one particular web entry form that was reached in their process that required you to enter the purchase date. Sounds simple enough, but you can't actually enter the date because you have to select it from a pull down menu. The default date that came up in the pull down box was something like 2152. I had to hold the "down" button for close to 2 minutes as the dates worked their way down to 2005.

Another problem occured after I reached a certain point and pressed the button for payment method and the program kicked me out. There are warnings on the site that you aren't allowed to enter the data twice or the rebate will not be accepted, but I had no choice but to go back in and enter the data again.

I have to ask. What would be so difficult about simply letting consumers search for the appropriate rebate form and download it? If a product rebate is offered, then a consumer is entitled to access the form with reasonable ease.

You can bet that all of my rebate submissions will be via confirmed postage mail.

Slogan from their web site:
"OnRebate will make rebate redemption as simple and quick as possible."

Yea Right!

anonymous
SomeCity, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2005 08:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebate/nationwide/OnRebate-Making-Rebates-difficult-166785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate

Website Issues

AUTHOR: Nadina - (U.S.A.)

Dear Onrebate Customer-

We sincerely apologize for any issues you have experienced with our website.

We did experience some technical difficulties over the past two weeks and are working hard to ensure this problems do not persist.

Should you need further assistance with your rebate process I will gladly help, just send an email to nadina.urdaneta@onrebate.com

Thanks for your attention.