Complaint Review: OnRebate.Com Tiger Direct

• Submitted: Sat, March 25, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 29, 2006

• Reported By:Plano Illinois
OnRebate.Com Tiger Direct
P.O. Box 3028 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

OnRebate.Com Tiger Direct rebates denied ripoff Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Signature required.

Earlier this year I purchased components to build two computers through Tiger Direct. Many of these parts were offering rebates, most of which were through OnRebate.Com. After receiving the merchandise, I went to the OnRebate.Com web site as instructed to complete the rebate forms for four items. There are two pages on the OnRebate.Com online rebate submission form where the user is asked to verify in order to proceed. In completeing the forms I did not sign the forms, which I later realized was required. When I later checked the status I sent an email to OnRebate.Com and explained that I did not think a written signature was neccessary since I had electronically signed the rebate application in at least two places in the online form. I received a response saying I had 2 days to fax the signed rebate to the resubmission fax. I faxed in four rebate applications each signed. After about 2 weeks the web site showed ackowledgement of receipt of signature on one rebate, but the other three were all denied.

My complaint with OnRebate.Com is that they provide no customer service or support whatsoever, they are inaccessible, and very slow to process.
(I noted that although I had mailed in the rebate requests within 3 days after the purchase, and well within 4 weeks of the expiration, I was only receiving notification of the denial with a couple of days remaining under the rebate offer. OnRebate.Com was taking at least 3 weeks to simply process the request. )

My complaint is also with Tiger Direct (aka Global Computer). They seem unwilling to discount items but prefer to offer only rebates, most of which seem to be through OnRebate.Com. My remedy thus far has been to steer my customers away from Tiger Direct aka Global Computer as a supplier, in fact Micro Center is an excellent alternative and Dell offers excellent deals from time to time, so this month I was able to advise my clients on purchases through those sources.
As far as OnRebate.Com, I will forward my complaints to the Illinois state's attorney as well as the Florida state's attorney. Any business with such deceptive and dishonest practices cannot stay in business and hopefully there will eventually be a class action suit brought upon them.

Robert
Plano, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2006 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebateCom-Tiger-Direct/Miami-Florida-33144/OnRebateCom-Tiger-Direct-rebates-denied-ripoff-Miami-Florida-183186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate.Com Tiger Direct

Signature required.

AUTHOR: Nadina - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

It is important to have the signature on the forms because we need to be sure that you agree to our Terms and Conditions and we need it in writning.

Please send an email to nadina.urdanetaATonrebate.com and we will instruct you on how to resubmit by fax or email.