I ordered a Monitor from Tigerdirect.com and the rebate for the x2gen monitor was linked to onrebate.com. So I filled out there online site required information.
I did everything they required and doubled check myself. They even sent an email saying everything was approved and I'd recieve a check in 8 to 10 weeks.
1. 8 weeks later I recieve email say rebate denied because the serial number was wrong.
2. I called the phone number the email to call if I had any questiong.
3. I was on hold for 22 mins
4. Guy comes on and ask tracking number and I'm on hold again for 9 mins
5. guy comes on again and says what the email say and nothing more.
6. I then ask what does he main the serial number is wrong? After insisting somemore he says the serial number was entered wrong on the web site (not on forms). But nothing I printed form web site shows serial number I typed in, so I can't confirm is it's wrong or not. so I insist he send me a copy of his information for me to check with my information. I get put on hold again.
7. Guy comes back and say he'll fax info Monday. I ask what do I do then call him with corrected information or what?
8. Guy tells me they can not resubmit and nothing can be done. So I point out I'm basicly hosed and he says,"Yes".
I have since contact Tigerdirect by email and x2gen mfg by email and I'm waiting on a response from them. I'd call but office where closed by time I finished with OnRebate
So I feel pretty ripped of at this point and all the nicey nicey stuff I see posted in rebuttal is totally opposite from when I called them directly.