Complaint Review: OnRebate.com - OnRebate - Tigerdirect.com

• Submitted: Fri, January 13, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, February 08, 2006

• Reported By:Portage Michigan
OnRebate.com - OnRebate - Tigerdirect.com
PO BOX 3028 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

OnRebate.com - OnRebate - Tigerdirect.com ripoff, dishonest, long hold times, unhelpful, unreasonable Miami Florida

*Consumer Comment: I got paid by Tiger Direct without any hassel by them!

*Author of original report: OnRebate, XGen & Tigerdirect slow to action

*Consumer Suggestion: Tiger Pays Up

*Author of original report: OnRebate & X2Gen & Tiger direct com rip off

I ordered a Monitor from Tigerdirect.com and the rebate for the x2gen monitor was linked to onrebate.com. So I filled out there online site required information.
I did everything they required and doubled check myself. They even sent an email saying everything was approved and I'd recieve a check in 8 to 10 weeks.

1. 8 weeks later I recieve email say rebate denied because the serial number was wrong.
2. I called the phone number the email to call if I had any questiong.
3. I was on hold for 22 mins
4. Guy comes on and ask tracking number and I'm on hold again for 9 mins
5. guy comes on again and says what the email say and nothing more.
6. I then ask what does he main the serial number is wrong? After insisting somemore he says the serial number was entered wrong on the web site (not on forms). But nothing I printed form web site shows serial number I typed in, so I can't confirm is it's wrong or not. so I insist he send me a copy of his information for me to check with my information. I get put on hold again.
7. Guy comes back and say he'll fax info Monday. I ask what do I do then call him with corrected information or what?
8. Guy tells me they can not resubmit and nothing can be done. So I point out I'm basicly hosed and he says,"Yes".

I have since contact Tigerdirect by email and x2gen mfg by email and I'm waiting on a response from them. I'd call but office where closed by time I finished with OnRebate

So I feel pretty ripped of at this point and all the nicey nicey stuff I see posted in rebuttal is totally opposite from when I called them directly.

Arlene
Portage, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2006 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebatecom-OnRebate-Tigerdirectcom/Miami-Florida-33144/OnRebatecom-OnRebate-Tigerdirectcom-ripoff-dishonest-long-hold-times-unhelpful-u-171661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate.com - OnRebate - Tigerdirect.com

I got paid by Tiger Direct without any hassel by them!

AUTHOR: Arlene - (U.S.A.)

Perhaps others had paved the way, but week before last, I got the same responce canned email from Onrebate for the X2gen moniter. I tried to email and call Onrebate and got nowhere. So I picked up the phone and called Tiger Direct because in their ads they say they will stand behind the rebates.
The person answering the phone didn't even let me finish my complaint. He said he was sorry for the trouble and that there would be a credit to my card within 5 working days...and there was!
I have never had a problem with Tiger and have bought from them a many times, it's the 3rd party that is the problem. I had never delt with them before. They just need to fire that NO rebate bunch.

OnRebate, XGen & Tigerdirect slow to action

AUTHOR: Arlene - (U.S.A.)

We are now on week 4 of the rebate battle. Orinally getting the rebate denial January 13th 2006. After much complaining (2) to Tigerdirect, XGen & OnRebate I recieved an email on January 20th saying I could resubmit the rebate. (Why I have to resubmit when they do in fact have all the correct information already I don't know. I check what they wanted for resubmittion with what I sent before and it's the exact same information, and confirmed serial number was correct) But I resubmitted anyway.
On January 26th (6 days after OnRebate allowed resubmittal) TigerDirect finally contacted me and said,Hey we where updating customer service and lost your orginal 2 complaints so if the issue is unresolved please resubmit.
Since I'd already resubmitted and it'd been 6 days I figured I wait a little longer and see what OnRebate had to say or do. Well it's now Feb. 7th more then long enough for someone to have recieved and process new paper work but no one has contacted me and no update on status at website.
So I have again started complaining to anyone I can think of, including resubmitting issue to Tigerdirect (who supposedly garentee's these rebates).
It's now been 16 weeks since I first supmitted my rebate and I've wasted at least 3 to 4 hours complaining to get my money. At this point even if I recieve my $75 (Something I'm in great doubt of getting) I'll still feel ripped off and cheated.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Tiger Pays Up

AUTHOR: Gayle - (U.S.A.)

After going through the rebate from hell process with OnRebate.com, I filed a complaint on this site today as well as with the CA Attorney General's Office, Amazon (who hosted Tiger Direct's sale of a TV for sale), the manufacturer of the TV, ResellerRatings.com and the Federal Internet Fraud Complaint Center. Because of my negative posting to Amazon about my experience buying from Tiger Direct and their affiliation with OnRebate.com, I received a personal phone call from Tiger Direct within one hour of sending my broadcast e-mail.

With much apology from the Amazon liason at Tiger Direct I was told they will be sending me my 100.00 rebate. Their agent requested that because of their promise to pay perhaps I could retract my online commentary to Amazon. I informed him that when and if Tiger Direct fires OnRebate.com I would definitely consider posting favorable commentary.

So it would appear that to insure rebates are issued promptly one must make purchases from Tiger Direct only through Amazon!

OnRebate & X2Gen & Tiger direct com rip off

AUTHOR: Arlene - (U.S.A.)

I have not yet recieved any response from anyone at X2Gen, OnRebate or tigerdirect. I have written both
X2Gen and Tigerdirect a second time noting their lack of response to me the first time.

I did also find (by clicking through another monitor rebate) that Tigerdirect is now garenteeing their rebates. So I will call tomorrow will all the paper work they want for the garentee and we'll see what happens.

but After waiting three months I pretty much feel totally cheated out of my $75.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC