wooden

• Submitted: Tue, February 20, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, March 06, 2007

• Reported By:Oklahoma City Oklahoma
OnRebate.com - Tiger Direct
PO Box 449003 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

OnRebate.com - Tiger Direct rebate ripoff scam Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AGREEMENT

*Author of original report: Rebate received

*Author of original report: Update 2/23/06, getting Closer

I purchase a 19" LCD from Tiger Direct with the "lure' of a $50 rebate on 8/29/06. After receiving the product, I filled out the appropriate on-line form with onrebate.com as well as the sending in the form with UPC & invoice. I checked on-line for updates, of course status never changed. I emailed customer service numerous time, with no reply. Finally I spent the 2 hours on hold to talk to a representative on 1/26/07. The first associate I spoke to replied "so sorry it is well after the deadline, we never received your form.." I called Tiger Direct, 1 hour on hold, the associate eplained that onrebate had my submission, I just need to call back and speak to a manager. I called back and was told this time "just send in a resubmission and check back with a status." It is now 3 weeks latter no check!! I noted an email to the CEO on this site and sent him an email stating that I am no longer upset with the USPS for failing to delivery my mail. I am turning my attention and frustration to his company. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and FTC and with my State's Attorney General. I wish I saw this wesite before purchase.

Pissed Off
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2007 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebatecom-Tiger-Direct/Miami-Florida-33144/OnRebatecom-Tiger-Direct-rebate-ripoff-scam-Miami-Florida-236711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate.com - Tiger Direct

TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AGREEMENT

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

Dear Sr. or Madam:

First of all, i would like to personally and on behalf of Onrebate.Com apologize for any inconvinience this specific rebate may have caused you. I would also like to extend my assistance in getting this issue resolve for you in a timely manner. However, you will need to contact our qualified customer service representatives with the information about this specific rebate.

You also expressed that the original submission was not received by us. It is under the terms and conditions of this rebate that Orebate.Com is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or postage due mail. We understand your concern and we assure you that we are doing everything possible to satisfy and process our rebates in a prompt manner.

Sincerely yours,

Ron M.
Onrebate.Com Service Representative

Rebate received

AUTHOR: Glenn - (U.S.A.)

OnRebate has paid the disputed rebate check!!
I hade recieved an email fromTiger Direct that Onrebate was going to "To ensure customer satisfaction we have made an exception and accepted this customers rebate payment."
I only wish they were concerned with customer satisfaction by responding to emails without threats.

Update 2/23/06, getting Closer

AUTHOR: Glenn - (U.S.A.)

Wow what an experience! No sooner had I submitted complaints to the BBB, FTC and posted a messsage on this website, all of a sudden, I was communicated by both Tiger Direct & Onrebate. I had an email for 2 different accounts I have from Tiger Direct, one of them asking me to fax my information to them and they will get to Onrebate. Apparently fax is more reliable than the USPS. It is really bizarre that all of the previous emails I had sent inquiring about status only was acknowledged with an auto-generated email saying "All emails that we receive are reviewed by our highly trained response staff."
I also received a call at my home from Onrebate. I called them and they also provide a fax to resubmit my information. I sent both parties of the document I originally mailed back in Aug. '06. I also included a copy of the document I had prepared for the State of Oklahoma's Attorney General, just because.
Today I received an email from Onrebate stating my check will be processed on 3/25/07 and mailed. Certainly not counting my chickens yet, I'm sure somehow the USPS will get blamed if I don't receive it.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC