In July of 2006 I bought an item from TigerDirect with a rebate of $30. On TIgerDirect I found the links to OnRebate.com & the rebate forms, and I filled sent in my rebate.
My rebate was accepted within a week, so I waited for 12 weeks to pass to get my rebate. When I didn't receive it, I checked the website and tracked it, where I saw that the payment had not been sent. I sent an email inquiring why, and after 1 week without a reply I called customer service. He told me that my rebate had been accidentally 'locked' and that he would fix it right away, and to expect my rebate within a week or two.
Three weeks later and no rebate, so I track my rebate online and it is still listed as not sent, so I call customer service. This time I'm told that the rebate was left behind in a database when the company switched databases, and that he would fix it, but it would be sent to the back of the line for processing, and it would take about 21 working days.
Two months later and I still haven't received the rebate, so I try calling customer service. After being put on wait for a customer service agent to pickup, an agent finally answers, but puts me on hold for about 20 minutes, at which point I am disconnected. I called again two more times and the same thing happened each time.
It has now been over 30 weeks since my rebate was accepted, and I still haven't received it. Worse I've spent over 100 minutes on the telephone (mostly on hold), and over $5 in telephone bills, yet I appear no closer to receiving the rebate check.
Warwick, New York