Complaint Review: OnRebate.com - TigerDirect

• Submitted: Sun, February 11, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, February 11, 2007

• Reported By:Danville California
OnRebate.com - TigerDirect
onrebate.com Miami, Florida U.S.A.

OnRebate.com - TigerDirect not paying rebate they approved Miami Florida

I have used OnRebate.com in the past and gotten paid in a timely manner. On my most recent TigerDirect rebates, I was dismayed to find that although OnRebate still offered "No wait rebates" (which used to work fine), they no longer paid them out via PayPal (the only option now is for mailing a check). Two weeks ago I received the following notification for both of my current rebates:

"OnRebate.com pleased to inform you that your rebate has been processed on 1/23/2007.
Your check will be mailed on approximately 1/28/2007. Please contact us if you have any
additional questions."

Well that's great, BUT NOW, two weeks later, according to OnRebate's own site the checks have not yet even been sent. Email sent to OnRebate.com's customer support has gone un-answered. And like I said, I paid the extra money to get a "No Wait Rebate."

I also notice recently that rebates on similar products are no longer being handled by Tigerdirect through OnRebate (which is rather odd given the well-known relationship between the "two" companies). That and the deteriorating quality of OnRebate service worry me about whether I will ever see my money.

This is really kind of a shame, since efficient rebate processing by OnRebate used to give TigerDirect a real price advantage over other vendors. Now that I can no longer trust that process, I am less inclined to purchase from TigerDirect.

Walter
Danville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2007 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebatecom-TigerDirect/Miami-Florida-33144/OnRebatecom-TigerDirect-not-paying-rebate-they-approved-Miami-Florida-235591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate.com - TigerDirect