Complaint Review: OnRebate.com - TigerDirect.com

OnRebate.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-222-9300
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

OnRebate.com - TigerDirect.com The Rebate was accepted, but payment will be sent in 7-10 days from whenever you call.. Ripoff OnRebate.com Internet

*Author of original report: Resolved..

Bought a barebone system + components from TigerDirect (Good company, nice prices, nice support), but then had to deal with OnRebate.com

From site:
User applied for OnRebate 7/16/2006 2:49:55 PM
Email was sent for Confirmation 7/16/2006 2:49:55 PM
Email was confirmed by the user 7/16/2006 3:00:21 PM
Printed out the rebate registration, awaiting receipt of documentation 7/16/2006 3:00:21 PM
The Rebate was accepted 7/20/2006 11:45:16 AM
Payment Sent NO

I called them on Dec 8, they said there was a problem with the system, payment will be done through paypal in 7-10 days.

I called them on Dec 18, they said there was a problem with the system, and my rebates were stuck in the system, and payment will be done through paypal in 7-10 days.

I called them on Dec 28, they said there is a problem in their system for a couple of months now, but payment will be done through paypal in 7-10 days.

I told the call center person I am going to record the phone call, and he said something rudely and hung up.

I am debating as to what to do next. I have a couple of news/blog sites that get upto a million hits a day, and the next step will be to talk to a lawyer and see what information I can put up in my sites without being in trouble myself and defame these people who I am afraid are trying to steal my money.

Shawn
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2006 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebatecom-TigerDirectcom/internet/OnRebatecom-TigerDirectcom-The-Rebate-was-accepted-but-payment-will-be-sent-in-7-10-d-227782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate.com - TigerDirect.com

Resolved..

AUTHOR: Nishanth - (U.S.A.)

I filed a complaint with BBB on 12/31/2006. They forwarded it to OnRebate on 01/02/2007.

I also wrote to the TigerDirect top brass, who forwarded the letter to the CEO of OnRebate who wrote to me:

"I am so sorry for all that our systems have put you through in claiming your rebates - the fault lies here and not with Tiger, we experienced a serious bug in our system few months back - and unfortunately your claims were delayed due to those technical problems."

Which I think was a reasonable and honorable way to address my problem. I got my money today morning through paypal.

Thank you to RIP-OFF for showing me ways to solve my problem.

Best of luck to others with the same problem.

Thanks,