• Report: #201682

• Submitted: Tue, July 18, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, October 18, 2006

• Reported By:Knoxville Tennessee
OnRebate.com
onrebate.com Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

OnRebate.com rebate ripoff Overly difficult to obtain rebates Boca Raton Florida

*Author of original report: STILL WAITING!!!!!

*Author of original report: Approved, but still waiting

*UPDATE Employee: Contact info

I too am not pleased with OnRebate's practices. Of all the mail-in rebates I've filed over many years, this has been the most difficult. One would be led to believe that with email responses, online status checking, and Paypal usage for getting the money it would be easier than the old-fashioned check in the mail in 6-8 weeks. First, I filed an inadequate claim (actually 2 claims on items packaged together) from a TigerDirect purchase. I mistakenly didn't find the UPC on the outer plastic wrap holding the two items together, as I'm used to finding the UPC on the actual box.

After painstakingly contacting both TigerDirect & OnRebate to find out where the missing UPC could be found, I resubmitted both claims with all necessary items together in one envelope. I have since had one claim approved, but the other "wasn't received." I've since emailed OnRebate to explain how this was not possible (unless USPS is now opening envelopes and removing items), and that the attached copies of the forms in my email should serve as a way to correct this mistake. Now I'm once again getting the run-around, with the "form emails" of my claim was denied for one of several reasons, missing the whole point of my issue. I find OnRebate VERY difficult to deal with, and would not recommend purchasing an item dependent on a rebate from them. Oh, and the one claim that was approved (so far) from my resubmit in April...I just received the funds via Paypal now in July! Not very speedy for today's electronic banking & communicating means, nor supporting their logo "Fast, Reliable Rebates"!!

David
Knoxville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2006 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebatecom/Boca-Raton-Florida-33432/OnRebatecom-rebate-ripoff-Overly-difficult-to-obtain-rebates-Boca-Raton-Florida-201682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate.com

STILL WAITING!!!!!

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Here it is October, more than 12 weeks after I was last advised that my rebate was approved and payment pending. This is ridiculous. This must at least border on fraudulent advertising, as they do not deliver what is expressed in writing. Where is our wonderful legal system to help all the victims of this horrendous "business"?

Approved, but still waiting

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

As an update, I did email Nadina Urdaneta (as many others did). She replied quickly, and approved my claim. However, as of 8/27 I'm still waiting to receive my rebate via Paypal! As many others have suggested, I encourage all who experience problems with this "company" to send correspondence to TigerDirect (and anyone else who associates with OnRebate) to inform them of your discontent.

Class action suits may be helpful....but if companies quit dealing with OnRebate, they'll hopefully have to go out of business as a direct result.

It's shocking to see the number of complaints logged after my original post, with the rebuttals attached from OnRebate...and yet they still practice their "business" in a flawed manner? Maybe now I know who hires all the fast food drive-thru attendants that can't get orders straight!

Contact info

AUTHOR: Nadina - (U.S.A.)

Dear David,

We sincerely appoligize for the lost UPC barcode but if you have copy the UPC, please send an e-mail to daniel.jesus@onrebate.com and he will gladly assist you in the resubmission process.

Thank you.