• Report: #182043

• Submitted: Sun, March 19, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 08, 2006

• Reported By:Acton Massachusetts
OnRebate.com
onrebate.com Miami, Florida U.S.A.

OnRebate.com - Tiger Direct rebate ripoff Bounced Rebate Check Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Bounced Check

*Consumer Suggestion: File Complaints

I recently purchase a product through TigerDirect.com which was advertised as having a $40 rebate. I followed every step in the "guaranteed rebate" process and, as expected, received a $40 check a few weeks later. I immediately deposited the check into my bank and, to my surprise, received a notice from them a week later that it had bounced. So now, not only was I out the $40 for the rebate, but I was out the $15 bounced check fee imposed by my bank.

I immediately emailed OnRebate.com to straighten things up. Assuming that they were a reputable company who cares about their customers and whose only purpose is to issue rebate checks, I figured the issue would be quickly resolved. I have since sent several emails and tried calling their customer service. I have received no response to any of my emails and have yet to be able to talk to anyone in customer service. Each time I have called, I have remained on hold for 20+ minutes before being cutoff for no apparent reason.

I am also in posession on another rebate check from them for $50 for another product, but am reluctant to try to cash it since I have no reason to believe that it will not bounce, too. In all, I am out a total of $105 because of this scam of a company. I have since read other similar accounts from others and realized this was not an isolated incident. I plan on filing reports with the Better Business Bureau, FTC, and whomever else I can find. It blows my mind that a company like this can get away with ripping off so many of its customers. I will never again do business with OnRebate.com, TigerDirect.com, or any other business associated with either of these companies and I recommend anyone thinking of doing so to reconsider.

Scott
Acton, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2006 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebatecom/Miami-Florida-33144/OnRebatecom-Tiger-Direct-rebate-ripoff-Bounced-Rebate-Check-Miami-Florida-182043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate.com

Bounced Check

AUTHOR: Nadina - (U.S.A.)

Dear Scott,

We sincerely apologize for the check bouncing.
Please send an email to nadina.urdanetaATonrebate.com and I will gladly reissue the check and issue a credit for the charge back fee.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

File Complaints

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Contact TigerDirect:

Miami, FL 33144
305-415-2429 (Office)
305-415-2430 (Fax)
954-684-4466 (Cell)
File a complaint with the BBB
www.bbb.org

File a complaint with the Florida Attorney General's Office

File a complaint with your state's Attorney General's Office

File a complaint with the Miami Dade Consumer Protection Department

If all else fails, file a claim against Tiger Direct, Inc. at your local Small Claims Court.