Complaint Review: OnRebate.com

• Submitted: Thu, December 14, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, January 16, 2007

• Reported By:Elverta California
OnRebate.com
PO Box 440588 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

OnRebate.com does not pay rebates and cannot be contacted Ripoff Miami Florida

*Author of original report: Finally got my rebates

I have several rebates that were accepted as valid (as opposed to filed or mailed) as far back July 10, 2006 that haven't been paid - way beyond the 8-10 weeks they say it will take. I've emailed customer service several times as well as Nadina Urdaneta, whose email address I found on this site, and never gotten a response. During the week of November 20 I managed to speak to a customer service rep on the phone; I only had the tracking number for one of my rebates with me, she said she would authorize that payment immediately and it should show up in my PayPal account in 3-5 business days, but it still hasn't been paid. They don't answer their phone any more; I've been on hold for up to an hour before giving up.

I filed a complaint with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services; they sent OnRebate.com a letter via USPS, it was returned as undeliverable, and they can't find a new address for OnRebate, so - get this! - they're going to close my complaint with no further action! I've filed complaints with the Florida Attorney and the FTC, but they don't act on individual cases; and with the BBB, but so far that's gone nowhere.

Curt
Elverta, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2006 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebatecom/Miami-Florida-33144/OnRebatecom-does-not-pay-rebates-and-cannot-be-contacted-Ripoff-Miami-Florida-225385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate.com

Finally got my rebates

AUTHOR: Curt - (U.S.A.)

I found an OnRebate.com representative named April Jackson with the email address april.jackson@onrebate.com replying to other complaints posted on this site. I emailed her on Monday Dec. 18 and got a prompt reply that I should have three of my rebates posted to my PayPal account by Dec. 22, and that the fourth had been sent to accounting and I should have it in 7-10 business days. The first three did indeed show up on Dec. 20. The fourth didn't show up when it was supposed to, so I emailed April again on January 8. I didn't get a reply this time but my rebate did finally show up on January 15.

Throughout the process, I've complained to the BBB, the Florida Department of Consumer Services, the Florida Attorney General, and the FTC.

Consumer Services was useless; they sent OnRebate.com a snail mail letter, it was returned as undeliverable, so they were going to drop the case. So I sent them OnRebate's new address that just appeared on their website, and then Consumer Services replied that they handle this kind of company.

The FTC & Florida Attorney General don't address individual complaints, but investigate companies if they get enough complaints. So if you're having problems with OnRebate.com, you definitely should file complaints with these two agencies.

The BBB emailed me in early January - April Jackson had responded to their inquiry & said they couldn't locate my records. So, I replied to the BBB that the matter wasn't resolved, and included my info. So the BBB is at least following up, though whether it's doing any good, I don't know.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC