Complaint Review: OnRebate.com

• Submitted: Fri, December 29, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, December 29, 2006

• Reported By:Williamsville New York
OnRebate.com
www.onrebate.com Miami, Florida, Internet, Nationwide U.S.A.

OnRebate.com OnRebate accepted my claim, but never bothered to actually pay it. Miami Florida Internet

Whew- I wish I visited ripoff.com before starting this adventure.

Bad news- NewEgg, who has the absolute best customer service in the inductry, started to use these yahoos to process rebates too.

I bought a Transcend 1 GB memory card from NewEgg, and filled out, signed and mailed all the right forms by the required date. I received a prompt email from onrebate.com affirming my transaction, and confirming their acceptance of my rebate claim (see email below.

The new wrinkle I ran into with these jokers is they accept the claim, then simply refuse to pay the claim, or answer any emails asking for status. I tried the 800 number, which is totally automated, with no humans available. They confirmed my claim was "accepted and being processed".

What a bad joke. I even paid these people an extra dollar so they would deposit the rebate into my PayPal account. They got my rebate, plus an extra dollar.

NewEgg washed their hands of onrebate.com, saying they are not responsible for the actions of another company. As I have been buying from NewEgg happily for several years, I will pursue them seperately.

Onrebate.com is horrible. Stay away from their rebate offers!
Mark

From the email I received:
You should receive payment into your PayPal account by 12/13/2006. Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Below is the summary of your rebate registration information:
Rebate Offer: TI-1030
Rebate Description: $15.99 MIR on Transcend 1GB Mini

Secure Digital Card
Rebate Award: $16
Final Award: $15
Tracking Number: KYDMYG37AWHGDLML

Thank you for using OnRebate.com!

Mark
Williamsville, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2006 04:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebatecom/Miami-Florida-Internet-Nationwide/OnRebatecom-OnRebate-accepted-my-claim-but-never-bothered-to-actually-pay-it-Miami-Flor-227726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate.com