Complaint Review: OnRebate.com

• Updated: Mon, April 24, 2006

• Reported By:Mason Ohio
OnRebate.com
OnRebate.com Internet U.S.A.

OnRebate.com, TigerDirect.com OnRebate denies rebates based on unsubstantiated claims of procedural failure. ripoff Internet

The details of the transaction and the limits of recourse are incidental. The fact is that the purchase of items based on price, biased by rebates and complicated by unclear and unrealistic procedures is deceitful.

In my specific case the rebates were denied because, allegedly, the UPC was not supplied with the form. I mailed them with the form, so obviously I can't send them in now. There's a gapping hole in the box where the UPC was cut out, so I can't make a copy. These were TigerDirect specific rebates, so there is no doubt that I purchased the items and paid the price, sans rebate.

OnRebate has ripped me off for the last time. Here are the new terms and conditions: If OnRebate is involved I will not purchase the item. If the vendor offers no other discounts, I will not use the vendor. If Internet vendors continue to perpetuate deceptive practices, I will return to bricks and mortar. Yes, it is a boycott. The only way to terminate deceit is to halt the financial transactions that support it.

OnRebate/TigerDirect - I hope the $100 you stole from me offsets the losses on the profits of the thousands of dollars I spend annually on Internet sales.

Dave
Mason, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2006 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnRebatecom/internet/OnRebatecom-TigerDirectcom-OnRebate-denies-rebates-based-on-unsubstantiated-claims-of-p-188395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnRebate.com