Complaint Review: OnStar - General Motors

• Reported By: Don — Caseville Michigan United States of America
OnStar - General Motors
P.O. box 1027 Warren, Michigan United States of America

OnStar - General Motors General Motors No Help! Warren Michigan

Onstar failed!  While on a trip last fall driving down I-75, we ran into a snow/ice mix condition.  The road was very slippery and the fellow in front of us started to slide and the next thing I knew everyone was sliding and so I headed for the medium.  The gravel was very soft and the front tire of our Saturn Vue dug into the gravel and we went rolling over 3 times.  Finally ending upside down in the bottom of the medium.  Onstar came on the speaker and asked if I needed help.  I said yes, she asked a second time and I repeated yes!  Finally a third time she asked and I yelled, YES...  Then she said no response and we were disconnected.  Our speaker for the onstar was in the mirror of the vehicle which came out when we rolled over, and that was on the gravel some 50 feet up the road.  We contacted onstar and they did an investigation and admitted that they had dropped the ball. They told us that the sensors in the top and side of the vehicle had gone off, but when the mirror was ripped out of the vehicle that the red button for emergency services was pushed and that is why they asked us for help instead of just sending help immediately.  They said that they get a lot of false calls when the red button is pushed so they asked first if you need help.  But the sensors for the rollover condition were sent to them so they should of sent help anyways you would of thought. We purchased another G.M. vehicle and after we did we asked if they would give us onstar for the life of our ownership in that vehicle.  They said they would look into it, so we bought the vehicle.  Then after a while they came back and said that they would give us another year onstar for free.  That was it.  Well thanks a lot!  This is the last G.M. I will ever buy.  No wonder they are in trouble!  Great service, NOT!!!  And this G.M. vehicle which is a 2009 malibu is supposed to be such a great car.  Well already had the transmission worked on with less then 6 thousand miles on it.  LAST GM WE EVER BUY!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2009 05:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnStar-General-Motors/Warren-Michigan-48090-1027/OnStar-General-Motors-General-Motors-No-Help-Warren-Michigan-539553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnStar - General Motors