Complaint Review: OnStar

• Updated: Wed, March 26, 2014

• Reported By: gmspitzer — Pinson Alabama
OnStar
internet, Select State/Province USA

OnStar General Motors Watch Your Credit Card Statement For OnStar Charges internet Nationwide

I purchased a GMC Sierra Pickup. OnStar contacted me and offered 100 minutes of phone use at a bargain price. I asked the representative multiple times that this would be a one time charge, and that they were not going to start charging me a monthly subsciption fee. As it turns out I was slammed and have now been getting $19.95 per month charges on my Credit Card. I called to contest and cancel it with OnStar, and they are flippant and just try to sell me more features. I changed my Credit Card number and complained to Mastercard. Mastercard says they cannot do anything about recovering subscription type services. Also Mastercard warned me that since it is subscription service that I will need to keep watching my credit card statement, as even though i have changed the card number, a subscription type service could still come through. Mastercard said they were going to put a block on OnStar on my card. But the whole thing is a RipOff and I doubt I will ever purchase another General Motors vehicle, as I really hold a grudge against big compainies that use this type of tactics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnStar/internet-Select-StateProvince/OnStar-General-Motors-Watch-Your-Credit-Card-Statement-For-OnStar-Charges-internet-Nation-1134015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnStar