kids

• Reported By: Dale — west plains Missouri
OnStar
Internet USA

OnStar OnStar is a Ripoff Internet

I have 3 vehicles with OnStar on them and pay for the "Safe and Sound" package on all of them so I can get the doors unlocked if I need to. I paid for renewal in February 3013 for all 3 vehicles at $149 each. On June 9, 2013 I locked my keys in my car accidentally while out of state. I called OnStar to open the doors and they said the service had expired. Nothing I could say would convince the service person that I was current with my subscription. I ended up having to catch a ride 100 miles with someone else to get a spare set of keys. Since then I have spent 2 days with OnStar trying to get this straightened out. I have talked with 5 to 6 different people, faxed my credit card statement to them showing the 3 charges to OnStar in February, and still have no resolution to this problem. I have even threatened to turn them in to the fraud department at my credit card company. This is not the first time this has happened with OnStar. I have used their service for many years, and the account has been screwed up on previous occasions. As I explained to them, I have the "Safe and Sound" plan for my peace of mind, but if you can't trust it, what good is it? I wish I could find an alternative to OnStar as I would go elsewhere in an instant!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OnStar/internet/OnStar-OnStar-is-a-Ripoff-Internet-1058232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OnStar