Complaint Review: Oncor Electric / TXU

• Updated: Wed, February 10, 2010

• Reported By: Mike — Forney Texas United States of America
Oncor Electric / TXU

Oncor Electric / TXU "SMART" meters are ripping me off. Internet

Since Oncor has installed their "Smart" meter, my electric bill has doubled. I asked them to exchange it for another one and let me know so I could be there. They promised 10 days to test it. It's been 3 weeks and I have not heard from them. Why should they? They are getting rich off of everyone that has gotten a bad meter.

I pay four electric bills. Three of them have been just what they were before the meter change. This house is 1850 sq.ft. well insulated with a new high-efficiency HVAC. My last bill was $300. The next bill will be around $400. My highest bill last summer was $207. The neighbors houses are similar. Their bills are what mine used to be; $120-$150/ month.

I know MANY others are having the same problem. Oncor denies ANY problems. We've got to get the word out. Contact the Public Utility Commission, eventhough they are probably in Oncor/TXU's hip pocket. Oncor/TXU might be trying to make up for all the customers TXU lost after deregulation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2010 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oncor-Electric-TXU/internet/Oncor-Electric-TXU-SMART-meters-are-ripping-me-off-Internet-567504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oncor Electric / TXU