Complaint Review: Oncor Energy

• Submitted: Thu, January 14, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, February 15, 2010

• Reported By: mtriana — Irving Texas United States of America
Oncor Energy

Oncor Energy Oncor replaced new digital meter increasing my bill by 1100kwh Internet

*Consumer Comment: digital meter victim

My most recent electric bill for the billing period 11/23/09 through 12/23/09 with Oncor (through my Retail Electric Provider, Steam Energy) has almost tripled. I called Oncor customer service on 1/4/10 and spoke with Kimberly to inquire about the disparity. I learned that my electric meter was replaced with a new one on 12/5/09. I was told that the meter reading was 06956 just before the meter was replaced. The day Oncor returned, 12/22/09, to get a reading in order to bill me, it read 00949. I asked if they were sure that someone didnt make some sort of an error in reading the previous meter as it was unimaginable to me that my energy consumption could increase by 1045kwh from one month to the next for an 822 sq ft apartment. Unable and/or unwilling to admit they may have made an error, they offered me the excuse that my old meter may have been slow and it hadnt been tested since 1987. I find it very hard to believe that an electric company who is trying to make a profit didnt find it profitable over the last 22 years to test and calibrate their meters to ensure they were billing their customers adequately. I have requested Oncor to perform a meter check and I was told to check back in 10 days to get the results.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2010 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oncor-Energy/internet/Oncor-Energy-Oncor-replaced-new-digital-meter-increasing-my-bill-by-1100kwh-Internet-554607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oncor Energy

digital meter victim

AUTHOR: meedgie - (United States of America)

i too am having the same problem, only the meter that they replaced was only 2 months old!  please read my report filed yesterday & you'll see.
how are you handling this?
have other people in your apartment complex complained?