brings

• Updated: Sun, September 16, 2012

• Reported By: Brian — Carrollton Texas United States of America
Oncor
Carrollton, Texas United States of America

Oncor Oncor Electric Oncor charging me over $400 in Tampering Fees when they are the ones messing with my electric!!!! Carrollton, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Here is how to deal with Oncor

I lost power and called Reliant Energy, they said there was an outage and called for Oncor to come repair my electric. There was six trucks running all over the neighborhood and guys everywhere messing with my house and transformers all down the alley and blocks trying to fix power. Power was out all day and ruined an entire fridge of food.

I am a single father raising my two children without any help and just got laid off so cant afford to lose what we need to survive so on top of losing my food I get a bill in the mail from Reliant stating my electric bill is over $1200 and if I dont pay in two weeks they will shut me off. The charged me over $400 in tampering fees on top of a huge electric bill I cant afford. I disputed this charge and Oncor and reliant state this is a valid tampering charge. I explained to them that Ocncor crews were just out here tearing the entire block down trying to fix the electric buut they wouldnt listen.

This is an unfair charge Oncor has imposed on my children and I and want this removed, this is unfair they charge me for something they did and from reading they do this to many people and this must be stopped. My electric has never been tampered with and the meters are sealed electronic meters and cannot be tampered with. I need help resolving this and preventing Oncor from ripping so many people off! They already charge too much for electricity and now they impose unfair and illigitiment fees on us customers. THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2012 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oncor/Carrollton-Texas-75007/Oncor-Oncor-Electric-Oncor-charging-me-over-400-in-Tampering-Fees-when-they-are-the-ones-932029. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oncor

Here is how to deal with Oncor

AUTHOR: Tagurit - (USA)

Oncor are bullies.  You need to let them know you will pursue this legally.   First, collect all evidence including written signed statements from neighbors, etc.   Second, email the following executives at Oncor with your compliant and let them know you will take legal action if it is not fixed.

anne.kubin@oncor.com

brenda.jackson@oncor.com

don.clevenger@oncor.com

Good luck to you and don't back down.