Complaint Review: Onda Tablet

• Reported By: Kristel — Columbia Missouri
Onda Tablet
Internet China

Onda Tablet Sells junk tablet, won't refund Internet

I purchased a tablet from Onda in late February 2013, and it arrived in decent time. However, within the first 30 minutes, the OS crashed. In the next day, I had to do a hard reset of the device. Determined to fix the issue stateside, I contacted the manufacturer for assistance. They had me try to update the firmware several times, all of which failed, and then by April, just over a month of having the device, the system guids were corrupt, it wouldn't take a charge, and wouldn't allow me any other options to repair, despite my best efforts to repair.

Here's information from one e-mail:

Me: Okay--so--how is this taken care of? Do you send me a shipping label? Or an address?

Jason: When we got your package,our engineer will check it for you,if not caused by accident, abuse, misuse, or modification of the product.We will pay the shipping cost.

To my understanding, if the tablet wasn't tampered with, they would cover shipping to and from their company. However, I'm now being told by Lily that "customer will incur a one-way shipping cost per return policy". I told her that that was NOT what Jason told me, and that they need to honor what they told me. So far, they have refused.

I had a glimmer of hope when Lily asked me when I started having problems. I said "within the first week", and then she replied saying "unfortunately we can not refund as you have used the PC over a week." I used the PC over a week...because I was troubleshooting per their directions. This is ridiculous.

Further frustrating are the one-line responses of "don't worry, you will get your tablet back soon." I hate their customer service with a burning passion, I have NEVER received such horrible service from a company. They simply do not and will not listen.

For anyone considering buying an Onda tablet, don't. Spend the extra money to get a stable tablet that doesn't require weekly firmware updates.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2014 06:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Onda-Tablet/internet/Onda-Tablet-Sells-junk-tablet-wont-refund-Internet-1112842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Onda Tablet