Complaint Review: One Call Communication USBI

• Reported By:Houston Texas
One Call Communication USBI
, Indiana U.S.A.

One Call Communication USBI ripoff USBI call to Diego Garcxx Carmel Indiana

I received my SBC bill today, and it contains a bill of 48.99 from you know who: USBI. It says that I made calls to 0246120. I have no idea where that came from since we cannot be at the computer during that time.

In any rate, I called SBC and asked who this people are. I also ask SBC how come somebody can charge me using their phone bill. The lady told me that they are required by law to collect bill. However, she said that since I disbuted the bill, she will send it back to the company. I said that I do not want to make long distance call, period. She said that will cost $5 a month. Interesting, pay money for no service.

I called the company ONE CALL COMM once but no one answered.

I then turned to the internet and found many complains. Is it a dishonest company trying to make buck? I think I know the answers. Let us report it to FCC.

here is a "NEWS" article I found about the company from the company's website:

February 22, 2002

Monument Advisors Leads One Call Communications through Management Buyout

Indianapolis - Monument Advisors, Inc. and the executive management team, have completed the management buyout of Carmel-based One Call Communications. One Call Communications is recognized as a leading provider of telecommunications services and products throughout the United States and Canada. One Call CEO Joseph Pence, along with Brad Benge, Executive Vice President; Mark Speth, CFO; and Ann Bernard, General Counsel have invested alongside Monument in the buyout. The Indianapolis law firm of Ice Miller represented the acquisition team.

Monument and management, in partnership with Johnson Ventures 1, CID Equity Partners, PNC Business Credit, and Fifth Third Bank have teamed up to purchase substantially all of the operating assets relating to One Call's Long Distance and Operator Services Divisions. One Call has historically ranked as one of Indiana's top 100 privately held companies.

"We are gearing up to develop new products and services in the telecommunications arena," said Pence, who joined One Call 15 years ago. "With the management buyout, our team remains intact and has significant resources to develop new opportunities, new technologies, and new telecom solutions in our core business."

"This is a textbook partnering opportunity for Monument," said Monument's CEO, Larry Wechter. "We feel we have an experienced team in place with a vision to take this business to the next level."

Monument Advisors, based in Indianapolis, is the general partner of MCP2. MCP2 is a private equity fund that invests in manufacturing, service, and distribution companies located primarily in the Midwest. More information about Monument can be found at monumentadv.com.

Founded in 1982, One Call provides national and international long distance telephone services and live and automated operator services. One Call divisions include One Call Long Distance and Opticom Operator Services. Opticom Operator Services was launched in 1989 to provide comprehensive, fully integrated operator services to One Call's long distance customers. One Call and Opticom use advanced digital equipment and the industry's most highly skilled multilingual operators to handle calls in 18 languages, 24 hours a day.

Ming
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2005 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Call-Communication-USBI/Indiana/One-Call-Communication-USBI-ripoff-USBI-call-to-Diego-Garcxx-Carmel-Indiana-128168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Call Communication USBI