Complaint Review: One Call Communications

• Submitted: Wed, August 24, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 24, 2005

• Reported By:College Station Texas
One Call Communications
801 Congressional Blvd. Carmel, Indiana U.S.A.

One Call Communications cramming USBI Communications Carmel Indiana

This is a part on my complaint to FCC, that explains what happened:
My Verizon telephone bill for January 2005 contained charges for a long distance call to UK provided by USBI on behalf of One Call Communications Inc., which I did not make. The call was supposedly made on 01/16/2005 at 10:32 a.m. to number 441277770141 and lasted 18 minutes.

Right after receiving the bill I called USBI (1 888 476-8724). The only information they provided was that the charges were for a connection to a website. I asked what website but I was told they didn't have that information. From my Internet provider, I learned that during that time my modem was not connected to the Internet. I called USBI again but they refused to remove the charges. Then I called Verizon Customer Service (1 888 782 8477) and they removed the charges from my Verizon bill.

On 08/02/2005 I received a bill from One Call Communications regarding the same charges (invoice date: 07/28/05); this time taxes were not included and the amount due was $41.86. They claimed the connection was provided by One Call/Opticom on behalf of NaviComm. On 08/09/2005 I called One Call Communications (1 800 949 2390). They did not provide more information about the alleged connection to a website and offered to reduce the charges by half, but not to remove them. I asked the operator for a confirmation number as a proof of this offer, which she refused to give me unless I agreed right away to pay. Since I wanted to contact FCC first, she reneged on reducing the charges.
Because of the details my Internet provider gave me I believe my computer had a virus that caused the connection.

Call "One Call communications"; take a note of the name of the persom you're speaking with. Ask them to block your account and give you a confirmation number for this.

You can file a complaint to FCC, FTC, your local Attorney... read http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff130293.htm
for more suggestions.

College Station, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2005 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Call-Communications/Carmel-Indiana-46032/One-Call-Communications-cramming-USBI-Communications-Carmel-Indiana-154801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Call Communications