Complaint Review: One Call Communications

• Submitted: Wed, November 09, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, November 15, 2005

• Reported By:urbana Ohio
One Call Communications
801 Congressional Blvd Carmel, Indiana U.S.A.

One Call Communications ripoff Carmel Indiana

*Consumer Suggestion: The Fair Debt Collection Practice Act

*Consumer Comment: Call Blocking Doesn't Work

*Author of original report: we have recieved 26 calls

*Author of original report: a total of 35 calls from this company

We recieved a bill for two phone calls made on 8/20 and 8/21/05. This week-end we were out of town. When I contacted them they said these were for 2 collect calls accepted. Obviously this wasn't possible so the bill was ignored.

Beginning yesterday (11-8-05) we recieved no fewer than 18 calls from this company and, as of 5:00pm 9-9-05 we have recieved 21 calls. I have told them repeatedly that this is a bogus bill . I also told them that the person whose name is on the bill is not home until after 6:00pm and not to call until then. they said they can't do that and they will continue to call until it is paid.

I have filed a report with the Ohio Attorney General's Office who informed me that they have recieved numerous complaints against this company. I filed a report with them. I also called my local phone company but they are unable to block 800's. So, I contacted the FCC and filed a complaint with them as well.

This is a HUGE scam!!!! They bill you and then harrass you until you just pay the bill in order to get them to stop calling. (our bill was for $24). I was also told that they have to keep records of all calls on tape. I asked to hear that tape and they said that when prompted the person chose to remain silent. Imagine that! The more I accept the calls and yell at them the more frequent the phone calls!!

Aileen
urbana, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2005 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Call-Communications/Carmel-Indiana-46032/One-Call-Communications-ripoff-Carmel-Indiana-163952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Call Communications

#1 Consumer Suggestion

The Fair Debt Collection Practice Act

AUTHOR: Aileen - (U.S.A.)

please take at look at this act. It should be available through the Federal Trade Commision web site. (My brother sent this to me as he used to work at a bank).
part of this act states this about harassment or abuse "A debt collecor may not engage in any conduct the natural consequence of which is to harass,oppress,or abuse any person in connection with the collection of a debt. Without limiting the general application of the foregoing, the following conduct is a violation of this section:"............."(5)Causing a telephone to ring or engaging any person in telephone conversation repeatedly or continuously with intent to annoy,abuse,or harass any person at the called number."
It also states that ,if the consumer puts in writing that the calls are to stop they must do just that.
Law enforcement SHOULD do something but most aren't going to bother. We have decided to change our home phone number to an unlisted number. Hassle but I'm going to have a stroke screaming at these idiots.And,YES,I read them the laws. They called back 2 minutes later!

Call Blocking Doesn't Work

AUTHOR: Aileen - (U.S.A.)

I had the phone company add the block service. It worked the first 3 times and then the company somehow scrambled something so it didn'r work anymore. Grrrrrrrr!! 49 calls yesterday. One of the complaints I filed must have worked though as the phone hasn't rang once today. *fingers crossed*

we have recieved 26 calls

AUTHOR: Aileen - (U.S.A.)

It is 3:00pm and we have recieved 26 calls so far. The calls are now coming in every 10 minues on average. (some were only 7 minutes apart). We have called our phone company and are having a feature installed to block any numbers we chose. It costs $20 to install and $3 a month. Now,of course the original bill is only $24.04 and some would think it would be easier to just pay the amount. however,it's not the point and , as the guy from Columbus,ohio stated,he DID pay the bill and they comtinued to harrass him. So,this is our solution until the FCC and the Ohio Attorney General Office do their magic. And,as the guy commented above , you can block numerous telemarketers as well.
I have also written to numerous city counsel members in Carmel , Indiana.I have also found numerous documents from court actions against this company. Interesting fact....as of 11/6/05 One call communications is owed MILLIONS of dollars from this company and are considering shutting them down. Perhaps that's why they are so persistant!!! (make that 27 calls!)
They ticked off the wrong chick on this scam! I'm irish/ german and I don't take crap from lowlifes! lol

AUTHOR: Aileen - (U.S.A.)

as of the end of 11/9/05 I recieved a total of 35 calls from this company today!!! that averages to about a call every 20 minutes even though they were told what time the person being billed would be home!

I have additionally contacted the BBB , Turnto2 (local tv station) , and city coucil members from the town this company operated from.
I also plan to write a letter to the editor for the paper in Carmel ,Indiana.

If you google this company you will find numerous lawsuits involving this company. One stating that ,as of 11/6/05 they owe the FCC millions of dollars!!

The more you talk to them the more often than they call. better to let the answering machine pick it up. Once I strated answering each time the calls became 10 minutes apart.