Complaint Review: One Call Communications

• Submitted: Sun, January 14, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, February 01, 2007

• Reported By:Jamaica Plain Massachusetts
One Call Communications
3141 Carmel, Indiana U.S.A.

One Call Communications Does anybody know what happend to this company? Carmel Indiana

*Consumer Comment: 2/1/07 evening received call from collection agency which One Call turned me in to.

*Consumer Suggestion: ALL I FOUND SO FAR IS NEW LOCATIONS AROUND US ....

*Author of original report: But Recent Activity

*Consumer Suggestion: THERE APPEARS TO BE AN ABUNDANCE OF COMPLAINTS REGARDING THIS COMPANY

Hello all! Question...

Does anyone know if this company has been shut down or busted by the authorities?

The last complaint made here about One Call Communications as of this date was 9/23/06. So I'm just wondering if they are no longer up to their no good scams.

If someone could please verify this, (maybe even provide an Internet link to the events of what happened, if anything), we would appreciate it.

Curious,

Ben
Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2007 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Call-Communications/Carmel-Indiana-46082/One-Call-Communications-Does-anybody-know-what-happend-to-this-company-Carmel-Indiana-230518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Call Communications

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

I have never received a bill from One Call, just a call from this collection agency who has my name and thinks I live in CA which I don't or never have.

I told the women I'm disputing, asked for their phone number which she would not provide she told me to look them up online which I tried but could not find. I got their address and number from this Rip Off site.

So at this point I don't really know what to do as they have not even sent me a bill.

I also posted a complaint on this site but don't see it posted yet.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

ALL I FOUND SO FAR IS NEW LOCATIONS AROUND US ....

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

One Call Communications Inc.
Serving Your Area

(800) 876-1300

One Call Communications Incorporated
801 Congressional Blvd
Carmel, IN 46032

(317) 575-3200

But Recent Activity

AUTHOR: Ben - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for your response to this thread. However, I am looking for something more recent.

Yes, they did get sued in the past and did have problems, but I am wondering if they are still around today, creating problems for consumers. After doing a google search, I couldn't find anything.

So, anything recent that anyone is aware of? Please let me know. Thank you.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

THERE APPEARS TO BE AN ABUNDANCE OF COMPLAINTS REGARDING THIS COMPANY

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

Do a google using the criteria one call complaints .... you will get pages ... There are other complaints on the rip off site. search using criteria one call or opticom

Also in 2002 the FCC sued them and another carrier. go to fcc.gov/eb/News_Releases/DOC-226534A1.html

One Call Communications, Inc. d/b/a Opticom (Opticom) and ASC Telecom, Inc. (ASC). Both companies were cited for apparently engaging in egregious and widespread violations of the Communications Act and related Commission rules governing consumer disclosure requirements for operator-assisted calls made from payphones.