Complaint Review: One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating

• Submitted: Tue, February 08, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 06, 2012

• Reported By: Rich M. — Dundee Florida United States of America
One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating
4735 East Highway 92 / Lakeland, Fl 33801 Lakeland, Florida United States of America

One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating Always on Time...Or you don"t pay a dime! GOT RIPPED OFF BY THIS COMPANY !!! Lakeland, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Dual capacitor update

*Author of original report: I am so sorry i did bussiness with this company,I am so dissapointed.After coming to see me, i never heard from them again.

*Author of original report: One Hour Air Conditioner and Heating contacted me and said they were willing to make right by me

I called for a $79 service Tune Up for my air conditioner. The service tech came out and he checked out my ac system. He did all the amperage check and everything was fine except for the condenser capacitor. He said the amperage was jumping and that was not good. I asked him can I order one and could I put it in myself. He then proceeded to tell me that if I do not have a Havac liscense I could not obtain one. I asked him does he have one with him. He said sure we have everything. I asked him what was the price of putting one in. He said $157 installed. So I hesitated before I answered him and I thought he was being truthful with me so I decided to have him install it. So on top of the $79 that I paid an additional $157 which came up to $236 altogether. I felt very uneasy after he left so I decided to go online and check to see if they have the same capacitor as mine which is a dual capacitor and was there for sale. It cost only $25. So what should have been a $79 service turned out to be $236..money that I do not have. This service tech was very untruthful and very unprofessional and I will never call this company again for service. So whoever is out there and is wanting service from this company I would suggest you DO NOT call them. Because I was ripped off BIG time and I am very angry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2011 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Hour-Air-Conditioning-Heating/Lakeland-Florida-33801/One-Hour-Air-Conditioning-Heating-Always-on-TimeOr-you-dont-pay-a-dime-GOT-RIPPED-O-692504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Dual capacitor update

AUTHOR: Chris Stillman - (United States of America)

I am actually a ex employee of one hour air conditioning in Houston tx. You had a $79.00 check up correct? Did that check up gaurantee any repairs to your unit? . (No) you are correct a capacitor runs 25-50 dollars depending on size and voltage etc, but if you bought the $25 dollar capacitor would you know how to test it's capacitance ? Or even install it? More than likely not because if you did you would not call a a/c man out-what it all boils down to unfortunately is we go to school for this-we know how to do it safely and make sure it's working-by the way If that technician did not change that part more than likely your fan motor outside would have failed and that's 400-600 depending on the motor-but next time just do it yourself I mean you found the parts right???? Then when you seriously mess it up you will call the professionals again..

AUTHOR: Rich M. - (United States of America)

One hour came out and spoke to me concerning the matter,leading me to believe I will have some peace of mind.To the contrary it is not.Oh well,the poor man loses again.

AUTHOR: Rich M. - (United States of America)

The manager of One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating contacted me by phone and said he was willing to come out and talk to me about what took place and try to figure out a way to work with me concerning the situation. At this time I was not expecting anybody to call, because I called before and expressed my concern and I was told that all the prices are already set. I accepted his willingness to talk to me and to try to resolve the matter and on behalf of One Hour I would just like to say atleast thank you for contacting me and expressing their concern. I feel very relieved now.