Complaint Review: One Hour Heating And Air Conditioning Niagara

• Updated: Tue, October 28, 2008

• Reported By:niagara falls Ontario
One Hour Heating And Air Conditioning Niagara
http://onehourheatandair.com/ Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

One Hour Heating And Air Conditioning Niagara Service scam Niagara Falls Ontario

-My Home Furnace Wouldn't Start-

My home furnace wouldn't start so I phoned a company called One hour Heating and air conditioning Niagara ( I got one of their flyers in the mail box ).

The service guy came and looked at the furnace and told me it needed a part and would cost around $350 - $ 400 plus it would take 3 - 4 hour to replace about $ 800. He then told me that it may be pointless to fix this furnace because after he was finished fixing the unit he would have to do an emission test and he doubted it would pass. If the emission test failed he needed to inform the gas company and they would turn off my gas until it was fixed. He suggested one of his sales people call me and give me an estimate on getting a new furnace. He then charged me $103.00 for a service call and left with no furnace working.

A women called me an hour later and explained that a new furnace installed would be around $ 5,000 to $ 7,000 dollars for a 95% Two Stage 45K BTU Gas Furnace.

This was a shock, so I decide to look on the internet for the furnace prices. I was able to get the same furnace for $757 plus shipping at www.budgetheating.com. after viewing such a price difference
I then decided to get a different heating service company to come out and look at my furnace. A young service mechanic came out and told me these furnaces are known for a blocked pilot light nipple. He started work and within 30 minutes he had my furnace running. He check for emission and everything was find. His total bill was $ 84.

"One Hour Heating and Air conditioning Niagara Ontario" is a scam, all they want to do is sell you a new furnace at outrageous prices, they also do this scam when they know the customer is vulnerable and in need of emergency work not only is this a dirty scam they are also greedy liars.

Northknight3
niagara falls, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2008 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Hour-Heating-And-Air-Conditioning-Niagara/Niagara-Falls-Ontario-l2e7k8/One-Hour-Heating-And-Air-Conditioning-Niagara-Service-scam-Niagara-Falls-Ontario-385655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Hour Heating And Air Conditioning Niagara