Complaint Review: One Kings Lane

• Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: Molly — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
One Kings Lane

One Kings Lane Company "hid" 8% restock fee on an obscure page Internet

I purchased 4 rugs from One Kings Lane.  In looking over their return policy, on each item's description page are the words "Returns accepted within 14 days of delivery."  I checked over the return policy link, and read through the section on how to initiate a return.  Three of the rugs did not work in the space, so I looked at the packing receipt for instructions on how to return each rug.  The following is what reads on the receipt:  "One Kings Lane will accept returns within 14 days of the delivery date.  All items must be returned unused and in their original packaging".  It goes on to say that Customer Care must be contacted for a return merchandise authorization number.  I called this morning for said numbers, and imagine my surprise when I was told that I would be charged an 8% restock fee for each of the rugs!  The service rep directed me to the return policy link and asked that I scroll to the bottom, where it is noted that there is indeed a restock fee.  As a frequent internet shopper, I make t a point to familiarize myself with each site's return policy.  Why is this notation so hard to find I asked?  Why not make this 8% restock fee noted with each and every item description?  I told her that this was misleading and yet the fee was not waived, despite the fact that I insisted this was not right.  Well, apparently, this was an occasion when the customer was wrong.  I was thrown a bone in the form of a $10 credit to my next purchase.  I have told the customer service rep, as well as the customer service department that this will be my last purchase on One Kings Lane.  You know the story, when something bad happens you tell 11 people.  I have 9 to go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Kings-Lane/internet/One-Kings-Lane-Company-hid-8-restock-fee-on-an-obscure-page-Internet-1004917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Kings Lane