- Report: #129696
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: One Source Talent, Anthony Toma, Katie Ludwig
One Source Talent, Anthony Toma, Katie Ludwig3250 W. Big Beaver Road Troy, Michigan U.S.A.
One Source Talent, Anthony Toma, Katie Ludwig ripoff, Talent Scouts and Models, Actors No paycheck for commissions earned Troy Michigan
*Consumer Comment: **Why are you here if you believe your company is legit?**
*UPDATE Employee: The Reality Is...
I really thought I had finally found something I was good at. I can't believe that I ever recommended this company to anyone!
My sincere appologies to everyone in Michigan, that should cover it.
Name of this buiness is:
One Source Talent Consulting
3250 West Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48084 248-816-7900
Anthony Toma ext 118 Owner
Katie Ludwig ext 119 Agency Services
Conrad Shin ext 124 Office Director
Rochell G. ext 122 Talent Specialist
So let me explain this step by step:
1. They contact me through Monster jobs via email.
2. I go in for an "interview" which is the first day of work. By the way every one of us was told to come back the next day. (Cattle Call)
3. Then we get sent out to "scout" for fresh new talent. So we tell these people they are pretty and they should go see about being a model or on tv.
4. The people that we scouted show up to "open call" which is held every week the same days (Mon Wed Thurs @6:45pm and Sat @ 12.45pm)
5. At the Open call they listen to a presentation and then they wait in the room to be called for their one on one interview. Again not one of them is told not to come back.
6. They are all given a second appointment at which they will be signed as long as they pay the $395.00 fee. Oh and there is a residual $30.00 fee that they will charge you for website maintenence.
7. As an employee I was to get commission only on those who enrolled in the service. Which I have no way of verifing the true numbers of since I only knew a few people as friends and family. Also it is slick that they get them to signup on the 2nd interview, which is always scheduled the next day or as soon as possible. What that means is that as a scout I have no accurate way to keep my own records regarding how many of my recruits accually signed on to their ripoff.
One Source Talent has hired me for solisitation and sales. I am on commission basis and this week was to be my pay week(1/28/05). Conrad told us this on Friday 1/14/05 that we get paid every two weeks and that would be 1/28/05. I have contacted everyone in the company regarding when I should be able to pick up my pay check. I get no response in this matter and the worst part of it is that I can not prove on paper, that I have access to, how many commissions I should be getting paid.
They have all the records in Conrad Shin's office where I have no access. I have asked to see the books and I get chastized they say "that is something that a drug addict would say!"
I assure you that I have never done drugs in my entire life! I am a little despirate for a job however, I have been out of work for quite some time. That if any is my only crime in this entire situation. I am simply wanting to warn others to this terrifying situation. I also would like my paycheck that is owed to me, and to look at the records for myself to verify how many commissions I am owed.
I have every reason to believe that I earned $1000.00 for my first two weeks according to their "anti-pay" commission schedule.
Also, Conrad told us as a class that there were 2 contests for new trainee's only. The older scouts who came before our class were not included in this.
Contest #1 $2500.00 to the scout who has the most talent show up to open call. Yes, just for highest # to show up and listen to their presentation. Only thing was that I had to beat out New York and California office scouts in the same training class.
Contest #2 $1000.00 to the scout who has the most talent show up to open call. Yes, just for highest # to show up and listen to their presentation. This one was only for the Detroit office. I had this one in the bag, no problem, I brought all my friends and neighbors, family anyone I knew and I scouted like a mad dog. So I had at least 24 recruits there during the first week.
So I feel that I am owed that 2nd contest prize $1000.00 also.
I am exceptionally gullable so I also signed up my step daughter for modeling #395.00. So I really got bent over! Not to mention all the gas and wear on my vehicle 30 miles one way plus driving to scout etc.
My total damages are $2395.00 plus milage.
If someone wants to know what I want to settle this out of court at least $3000.00 is my price.
As for the Better Business Bureau, they are useless and the worst thing is that people accually believe that they are in existance to help people. This is he 4th company I have been ripped off by in the last 4 years, auto mechanics, home improvement companies, and now an employer. NONE of them were ever in bad standing with the BBB. They suck.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2005 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Source-Talent-Anthony-Toma-Katie-Ludwig/Troy-Michigan-48084/One-Source-Talent-Anthony-Toma-Katie-Ludwig-ripoff-Talent-Scouts-and-Models-Actors-No-129696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.