Complaint Review: One Source Talent

• Submitted: Wed, May 13, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, September 05, 2009

• Reported By:northridge California
One Source Talent
8383 Wilshire Boulevard Ste. 220 Beverly Hills, California U.S.A.

One Source Talent One Source Talent tried to intimidate me into signing a contract with them Beverly Hills California

* : I MET LYNETTE SILVIO TOO!

I was asked to come to a casting call at One Source Talent to submit for modeling.

I filled out some paperwork had my measurements and picture taken by one of their staff. Then I waited in a room with 20 other people and children (all shapes, sizes and ages). Soon one of their main recruiting agents Ryann Supple came in and gave a really fast spiel about who the agencies clients were and getting started and how one of the children from their agency made it big as a singer after trying for 3 years, so on and so forth. She talked so fast, I couldn't understand what she said most of the time.

Finally I was called into a room for a brief introduction. They said they liked my look and asked me to come back for an interview with their main Talent recruiter. When I came for my interview the office was dead. No phone ringing, no traffic and I also realized there wasn't any pictures of talent anywhere, just regular pictures. The head shots they had of their talent were printer quality images that were pixilated and hard to see.

I had a meeting with a talent agent named Lynette Sovio, and the whole time we were in the room together I felt like she was trying to intimidate me. She just kept staring at me and responding to me with slight quirky smiles and sounds other than full sentences.

I asked her questions like how much of a percentage does the agency take after getting their models jobs, and she informed me after half laughing that they don't take a percentage and I had to set up a digital data base with the company and it would be $39.99 a month so clients could see my pictures.

I showed her my modeling website and she said she liked my look and was going to go consult with her partner. She was gone for about 15 minutes and when she came back she smelled like cigarette smoke. Then she said they both liked me and gave me an authorization contract to sign really fast. When I looked at it there was an initial sign up fee for $495.00 I was really shocked and I asked Lynette what that was about and she got really rude and snappy and said "didn't Ryann go over that yesterday!?"

I asked to think it over and lynette said that no one ever gets to come back for another appointment because they are so busy. She also said she didn't know why I wouldn't want to be with them.

It got really uncomfortable really fast. I left and she didn't look up once to say by or anything.

Monique
northridge, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2009 07:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Source-Talent/Beverly-Hills-California-90211/One-Source-Talent-One-Source-Talent-tried-to-intimidate-me-into-signing-a-contract-with-th-451639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Source Talent

#1

I MET LYNETTE SILVIO TOO!

AUTHOR: Markvi - (U.S.A.)

I met Lynette Silvio too!

Here's my story:

I see these guys post on Craigslist and on google ads. All you had to do was answer a couple questions and submit a photo (optional), and someone would call you within the next couple of days. The "optional" to submit a photo should have raised a red flag right there, but I just submitted my stuff to see what would happen and went on my merry way.

A couple days later, I got a call from One Source Talent, saying they wanted to meet me. I decided, "why not?" I can always say no.

When I got there, the office was run by hot 20 something year old girls-clearly people who did NOT have experience in the industry. It was like "Boiler Room" but with hot women! They rounded all 50+ people into one room and showed off pictures of their "Success stories" (These people were all the ideal model type who would have found success WITHOUT One Source!). They also said "You don't need classes! Look at Jessica Simpson!" Then one by one they would call people to be interviewed as if only a few people got selected. They called me in, asked a few questions, and told me to come the next day. Having nothing to do and trying to expose this company as a scam, I went.

The next day, I went to the LA office. I came 15 minutes early. Despite that, the person I was supposed to meet with didn't come 30 minutes after my call time (I waited 45 minutes!). While I was waiting, a client was waiting for his month follow up interview. I asked him if they booked him for any major work during his first month. He said he hadn't gotten anything and that it was mainly his fault because he was not submitting himself, when OneSource is supposed to submit you. I asked what kind of work did he see on his Onesource site. He mentioned a lot of reality shows and extra work that anyone can find for free on Craigslist. Finally, this 20 something year old girl named Lynette Silvio asked me into an office, and then asked me a few questions before taking my photo portfolio.

Lynette took my portfolio, walked out, and came back 10 or so minutes later and said "We think you're marketable, and we want to work with you. She then whips out this sheet of paper that she wants me to sign.

When I asked which specific agencies and casting directors does OneSource work with, Lynette Silvio was stumped and said, "we work with many, many, many agencies and casting directors." I also asked if there were any success stories of average looking people like myself because all of the success stories on the site and their "Wall of Fame" were people who had the ideal model look or was a really cute kid. She failed to answer the question and provide examples of average looking people finding success through OneSource.

I left with an unsigned contract.

My ONLY regret was not hitting on the hot chicks working there.

involves