Complaint Review: One Source Talent

• Submitted: Tue, June 28, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, June 28, 2005

• Reported By:City California
One Source Talent
6120 Paseo Del Norte Carlsbad, California U.S.A.

One Source Talent Refused to refund $1,295 for photoshoot after cancelling membership. Low-budget atmosphere. Run far away from them! Ripoff Carlsbad California

Folks, do your due diligence BEFORE signing yourself or your kids up with this (or any other) "talent management" company. I didn't, and am out of pocket $1,295.

In a major lapse of judgment, I signed my minor child up with One Source Talent because it had been a dream of hers to get into modeling. (She had been "scouted" by a "talent scout" at the local mall, and wouldn't stop pestering me to take her to their office!)

After sitting through a stupid "casting call" type seminar led by a very Type-A huckster dude, who gave attendees the impression that not everyone would be selected for their premier talent management service (ha!) and having some cheesy, low-budget proof shots taken at their cheesy, low-budget, we sat down with a rep who took my daughter's measurements and interviewed both of us. Shortly afterward came the sales pitch with the automatic debit agreement ($19.95/month to host your portfolio on their website) and a date for a follow-up interview. The rep spent a lot of time explaining the diff. between a modeling agency and a talent management service. Please take the time to look this up yourself before going through with the interview... you could save yourself a lot of money and heartache.

Watch out for the follow-up interview, by the way... THIS is where they pull out the big guns, get your child all spun up, and ask you to sign up for a digital comp card taken by "their" photographer ("who has worked with Clint Eastwood!") They ask for your Visa or debit card and run the charge right then and there before any pictures are taken.

FOLKS, THIS PHOTOGRAPHY AGREEMENT IS NON-REFUNDABLE!!! Meaning, if you fall of the face of the earth, or in our case cancel the child's membership w/One Source (after reading some VERY negative reviews and talking to a relative who got scammed), THEY WILL KEEP YOUR "PHOTOGRAPHY" MONEY. I cancelled her membership after 3 days...OST agred to stop the monthly automatic debit for the "web hosting" service... but refused to refund my $1,295. The "manager" was snotty and hostile, and their corporate office in New Joisey sent a letter confirming they will not refund me **even though they never took one picture under the terms of that agreement!**

I am out of pocket $1,295 for a service I never received. My fault for doing business with scammers who prey on children's and parent's emotions.

By the way, I reported them to the Better Business Bureau, whom I informed that OST refused to refund me my money, yet the BBB indicated that they "resolved" my complaint. B.S.!!! No refund, no resolution.

Small claims court is my only option. Learn from my mistake and keep your money (and your kid) at home!

A concerned, wiser parent from San Diego
North San Diego County, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2005 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Source-Talent/Carlsbad-California-92008/One-Source-Talent-Refused-to-refund-1295-for-photoshoot-after-cancelling-membership-Low-147819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Source Talent