Complaint Review: One Source Talent

• Submitted: Fri, December 05, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 03, 2010

• Reported By:Kentwood Michigan
One Source Talent
www.onesourcetalent.com New York, New York U.S.A.

One Source Talent Luckily I did NOT fall victim to this fraud, but know all about it! New York New York

*Consumer Comment: I too know about One Source Talent

*Consumer Suggestion: SCAM ALEART

*Consumer Comment: Scam Artists!

I used to get *casting emails from them, regularly. But finally was able to *block them permanently from my mail account. Did I take their bait & hook? Not a chance. But I was one of the lucky ones.

After visiting their 'web site' AND researching them on the BBB, I already knew they were crooks. Same as another fraud web site called Talenthunter.com.

The sick, sick irony??? I was STILL getting solicited calls from these creeps, long after removing them from my email! Still the same sales pitch, even though I TOLD them up/down/left/right that I was a LEGIT talent agent at my own area agency, and I already knew their bluff!

And the idiots STILL stalked me with about their "photo shoots", etc. They are just ruthless, as ANY industry scammer.

Bailey
Kentwood, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2008 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Source-Talent/New-York-New-York/One-Source-Talent-Luckily-I-did-NOT-fall-victim-to-this-fraud-but-know-all-about-it-New-398190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Source Talent

I too know about One Source Talent

AUTHOR: guccigirl08723 - (United States of America)

I hear you girl..I too was contacted by them and went to NY and knew INSTANTLY they were scammers and full of s***..I live in NJ, 20 min from NYC so it wasnt a big deal to go there, but for the people who drove from far away thinking they were gonna get famous...what a shame. I'm so glad you were smart enough to do your research, as I did.. this is what I reproted below..

Let me just say that in reading all this stuff on One Source Talent, I too ALMOST fell victim to their bs, but realized by a few key things that it was too good to be true. First of all, the people that were there...all were average every day people who looked like they didn't have a pot to piss in...most looked uneducated and below poverty level, and had their kids there thinking they were gonna get famous and make them rich.which is sad to me that these are usually the ones that get preyed upon..then we were all called in as a group?? That was #2...then the photo they took of me was a digital camera..and no honey...it wasn't a "high tech" digital camera...it was a cheap walmart pos..I am in photography and I know my cameras...then..the lecture we were all given was like they were selling themselves...another big flag..THEN came the $34.95 or whatever she said...the fee per month was...I didnt really pay attention bc after that I knew this was bogus..then to top it all off the infamous bluff was called, to anyone who didn't feel this was right for them then they should leave now, crap...lol..yea..you hype these poor people up for 20 min telling them how great they are in getting people $10,000 a job checks and these people are gonna up and leave??? PLEASE. I swear I almost felt sick..my husband and I knew from the moment we walked in it was a scam, but I was interested in seeing what they had to say anyway..I just shook my head he whole time in disbelief. OH and ANOTHER thing that caught my eye, BIG TIME..that everyone that was there could not have been more than 22 years old!!! They were soooo young looking and I do mean EVERYONEI was like, where are the adults??? The boy who interviewed me in my final interview..looked like he was 20!! And the website clearly states that their representatives have had YEARS of experience and have lots of contacts in the entertainment industry?? What a joke, the WHOLE staff looks like they just stepped off the high school graduation stage!! YEARS??? YEA RIGHT! And of course at the end I was called in myself and told oh yes we will definitely be bringing you back to a 2nd interview, you are what we are looking for, that's bc there's no one they meet that they aren't looking for, who has a valid checking account that is!!

I then went home and looked them up on the Better Business Bureau..they are listed quite a few times in different locations, only 2 so far are registered. Some have quite a few..Im talking 46 or more complaints, others have none, ONLY bc that office of the bbu doesnt handle their case! AND 46 may not seem like that many compared to how big the company is, but think of it like this, that is ONLY for that location AND, that is ONLY the people who have actually took the time to file a complaint! SO many people either dont have the resource or knowledge to do this, and go without reporting the company, they just complain to everyone they know..and thats about it.

Look people, do your homework, google the place on the internet to see what kind of articles come up on the company, look them up on the better business bureau, talk to people, whatever. All I know is that no one and I mean NO ONE ask for money in show business!! NOT A PENNY!!! Ive done extra work on set before and how it works is you get an agent to represent youFOR FREENO MONEY UP FRONT IS EVER ASK FOR!! You provide your PROFESSIONAL photos to them, a comp card or whatever they request, and THEY will get YOU workthey then take a percentage, usually 10% of what you make, and this comes to them AFTER you are paid. You have to do your homework..if you want to be represented by an agency, then look them up in the phone book ..yellow pages. Usually the internet is not a good resource bc it is FULL of scammers like One Source Talent. If you go to a place and see that everyone is called in at the same time, be VERY waryif they ask for money RUN LIKE HELL! These are just a few pointers. I just hate to see people get scammed over by dishonest people like this.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

OMG! SCAM SCAM SCAM!
I WENT and omg first you fall for it so hard!, They put on movies were they act like they made those stars become STARS, and okay u might believe in it as I did (devil wears prada) then you get a interview were they say NO ITS OKAY U CAN STAND UP! wtf ! and shes like y do you want to do this, im like cuz its a passion and shes like great you pass bla bla here is your second interview, bring pictures. BIG B.S. says come early NO ONE IS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! AND OMG I THOUGHT IT WAS IN A BUMBS HOUSE LIKE THE BUILDING WAS SO f**kKKKKED UP AND PISS STAINS EVERYWHERE I thought i seen a crack pipe dead a*s serious! then its all really nice looking inside and you feel "OOOO, NICE!" THEY ACT SO NICE BIGEST BULLSHIT IN THE WORLD, they said I was really good bla bla and they wanted to work with me, im like okay sure, next week i come in and she takes my photos TELLS ME TO READ A 6 PAGE PAPER! COMES BACK WITH MY PHOTO AND dead a*s got in the same order i gave it! so 1,000,000% they aint look at it! second! she left for an 20 min (camera hidden in room probably) as soon i finished comes back and screams congratulations! im like yessss! shes like HOW WOULD U LIKE TO PAY! im like wtf you talking about! THEN OMG I NEVER WOULD OF EXPECTED IT, SHE WAS SO NICE AND OMGGGG INSTANTANEOUSLY FLIPPED! "YOU DON'T GOT ANY MONEY!, CREDIT CARD, DEBT CARD, CHECK,(ACTED LIKE "WE HAVE A ATM IN THE OTHER ROOM!" WHO THE f**k HAS A ATM IN THE OTHER ROOM! AND SHES LIKE DO YOU HAVE CASH!

OMG NO COMPANY IN THE WORLD EXCEPTS CASH, FLAGS FLYING ALL OVER THE PLACE LIKE A FIGHT IN THE NFL!
THEN I MADE UP SOME STORY THAT ILL GET THE MONEY WHEN MY PARENTS COMEBACK FROM A FUNERAL!

SHE LEAVES AND COMES BACK WITH A PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGGEST THING WAS WHAT SOMEONE ELSE SAID ABOUT THEM, LIKE THE OTHER 234 MILLION PEOPLE YOU CAN REVIEW THAT FOUND OUT IT WAS A SCAM AFTER PAYING!

SAID:
THEY SAY THEY DONT WORK ON COMMISION, SO THEY DONT TAKE PERCENTAGE OF WHAT EVER YOU MAKE! sounds good! BE SMART THAT MEANS "WHAT THE f**k WOULD MOTIVATE THEM TO FIND ME A JOB!/TALENT/GIG"??????????????????

SHES LIKE CALL UR MOM AND HAVE HER SEND THE MONEY, IM LIKE SHES IN A FUNERAL, SHES LIKE, ITS PROBALY OVER! IM LIKE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! THATS WHAT PISSED ME OFF!
THEN SHES LIKE, HER COMPANY WHICH I MIGHT SUE! IS TOO PERSTIGIOUS b***h PLEASE!, PISS STAIN ON UR f**kING DOOR! IN A TRASHY s**t ON THE CEILING BUILDING! WHEN I WALKED IN I WAS LIKE WTF! AND STRAPPED MY WALLET TO MY a*s! SO NO ONE STOLE IT!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Scam Artists!

AUTHOR: Leaf - (U.S.A.)

Hey All,
I too was almost a victim of this phony agency or whatever it is they are! I remember them calling and me being really excited about getting some type of response from what I thought was a modeling agency. I went there with my boyfriend and when we arrived at the building I thought wow, it already looks like a professional place. That is.....from the outside and lobby, but when you got in the elevator and arrived on the floor of this One Source Talent place, it proved that looks can really be deceiving. So as I walked out of the elevator and down the cramped, pipe infested, dim lit hallway I arrived at the door which led to the waiting room. Now if you thought the hallways were bad then OMG the waiting room was even worse. I mean you would think that with all the money these people scam from people that they would at least make the place look....scamable lol! There was no light in the waiting room (literally you were waiting in the dark with little light shining in from the next room) the carpet was all shredded, the chairs were fold ups, there were wires across the floor and walls and I think there may have even been a plant which had to have been fake because there were no windows for sunlight. And yes everyone in there was certainly acting the part, even the receptionist with her witchy and wannabe professional manner. Although these were some obvious signs that this place wasn't legit I decided to find out what it was all about anyways. Plus I thought that if it wasn't its still good to go to these types of places and see and know first hand what signs to look for and what places are legit and what's not, and learn from such experiences. I had to wait in what I guess you would call a presentation/waiting room with a bunch of other people and then this guy comes in with his presentation in which he did not mention that you would have to pay almost $400 dollars for a comp card! So after this presentation we have to sit in this room surrounded by comp cards of supposed clients who look like they were cut straight from a magazine spread. I am finally called into an office and I am asked a bunch of questions, which I don't really think it would have mattered how I answered them. Then I'm told that they want me to come back the next day for a second interview and that I would have to bring 15 pictures. And from what I remember nothing specific, maybe just a few headshots and full length shots. I don't think he even asked for them to be recent. I come back the next day this time with my sister and have to wait yet again! I also forgot to bring pictures! This time I am interviewed by another guy and he tells me it's ok that I didn't bring the pics! He goes on to tell me all about the agency and how I wouldn't be promised anything and that it was a 50/50 chance that I would get any type of work. So I'm like hmmmmm sounds fishy??? Then he tells me all the costs which I was stunned by! Both me and my sisters eyes lit up. Then he tries to tell me "I know that most modeling agencies say that you shouldn't have to pay for anything, but that's a lie, in any type of agency, you're going to have to pay for a lot more than what you would be paying with us". I just couldn't believe him! Thank God my sister was there with me because she secretly waived her hand NO! NO! NO! Don't do it, which I already had set in my mind that I wasn't going to. I mean I might as well have set up a my space page with model pics for all that! So I agree to see what would happen next. He then tries to butter me up and tell me, "oh I can see that you have what it takes, you've got the model look and I know that my boss would highly recommend you". He says he has to go speak with his boss and find out, leaving me and my sister waiting in the closed office. He then comes back about ten minutes later, with a money hungry grin on his face and says, "ok she really likes your look and we want you". I mean for all I know he could have been in the bathroom all that time and came back with those practiced and most likely numerously repeated lines. Then I tell him, "You know what I'm sorry if I've wasted your time but I'm not interested that's just way to much money". Do you know he actually had the audacity to throw a hissy fit and tells me that "yes you really did waste my time". I mean his attitude after I declined was like a light switch. He went from "trying to be" professional and nice to a complete you know what! Not only was that the worst part of that day, but when I got into the elevator to leave the place there was a girl in there who I asked if she paid them and she told me yes. I felt pretty bad that she got taken advantage of and was happy that I didn't. SO! For anyone who wants to know about One Source Talent, they are without a doubt scam artists who probably use your money as their paycheck!!! Just Say No to One Source Talent they are a waste of your time!!!