Complaint Review: One Source Talent

• Submitted: Mon, April 18, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, April 18, 2005

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
One Source Talent
6120 Paseo Del Norte Suite G2 San Diego, California U.S.A.

One Source Talent Warning SCAM ripoff San Diego California

I was tricked into One Source Talent. I was new to the industry and was eager to get my big break. It's my fault for falling for this company but I want to make sure no one else has to go through what I did. Even though I didn't know much of the industry something smelled fishy when they were throwing fees at me, seemed to get higher each time too. They charge an upfront fee of about $249 and a website maintenance of $19.95 each month AND up to $1000+ for a photoshoot.

Stupid, I know but I was just so caught up in making it in the industry (which is why they target people like how I was (definitely learned from that). My family thought that was unusual too but they always had my back and I talked them into paying everything.

The company tried their hardest to be "professional" that it's so not professional. When I asked to reschedule an appointment they give me a long lecture of how unprofressional it is to reschedule and try to make me feel bad. One time I was sick for a photoshoot the "manager" tried to make me feel bad about saying two girls (hair and make-up showed up early just for me.) Too bad there's 10 other people there for a photoshoot.

When you get scheduled for a photoshoot that you paid $1000+ for, you are also there with like 10 other people. So you sit around waiting for your turn to get your hair and make-up done. And when you get there on time, you won't even start until 2 hours after your call time. It doesn't make sense to me. You pay them that much money for a photoshoot, you show up on time, and you don't get the kind of treatment you should for that amount of money. It's ridiculous.

They say casting directors look at their website all the time to scout for talent. Yeah right, casting directors don't have time to do that. They have piles and piles of hard copy submissions lying on their desk to look at, they absoutely have no time what-so-ever to be looking around online for their talent. As for the casting One Source provides on their website, about 75% is found on craigslist.com for FREE!

Please do not get sucked into this company! They have so many compaints if you even type "One Source Talent" on google.

anonymous, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2005 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Source-Talent/San-Diego-California-92009/One-Source-Talent-Warning-SCAM-ripoff-San-Diego-California-139341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Source Talent