Complaint Review: One Spirit Book Club

• Reported By: anon — Anchorage Alaska United States of America
One Spirit Book Club
1225 S Market St Internet United States of America

One Spirit Book Club Rip Off the Customer - Business Model, Internet

One Spirit Book Club's business model is clearly not about spiritual values or custormer service.  They will find a way to over charge you and if you do not pay the money they say you owe them, they will report you immediately to a collection agency.  I bought 4 audio books at full club price in order to fulfill my contract obligation to them in the time period specified.  One Spirit then deducted over $60.00 from my credit card account without informing me of the deduction.

When I emailed them and explained that I had fullfilled my obligation to them, their response was, that audio books did not count towards my contract obligation (over $70.00 spent).  I'm starting to suspect that there are very few items on their web site that do meet their so called contract obligation.

My credit card company reversed the unauthorized charge, however today I received a bill from One Spirit telling me I owe them.  If I do not pay, they will call the collection agency and ruin my credit. I have no doubt about that after reading numerous other posts from frustrated customers. That's their game -- find a new sucker and suck them dry and then move on to the next.

I'd be interested in joining any class action suits but at the very least, I'd like to warn potential customers to stay away from One Spirit.  You're better off ordering your books somewhere else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2011 11:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Spirit-Book-Club/internet/One-Spirit-Book-Club-Rip-Off-the-Customer-Business-Model-Internet-710926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Spirit Book Club