Complaint Review: One Spirit Book Club

• Updated: Fri, June 04, 2010

• Reported By: Lisa — Burlington North Carolina United States of America
One Spirit Book Club

One Spirit Book Club Warning: False Billing Internet

One Spirit Book Club was a business that I used for several years. I had some frustrations with them because they would send me monthly auto selections that I had cancelled and told them not to send, but they would anyway. It was a pain to send them back. Finally I just stopped doing business with them. That was around 2008.

Suddenly, I get a phone call from this collection agency called Penn Credit Corporation telling me I owe One Spirit $143. They are sending me threatening letters as well telling me I have 30 days or they will turn me into Experian with a negative credit report. They would not explain these charges nor could they tell me what they were for or when they were from. I could only email One Spirit because they will not supply a telephone number ....This is the first clue that a company is not a reputable company to do business with. They should hide their phone number, because they are shady and a total rip off.

I emailed One Spirit and they sent me an invoice (again no way to contact them except with a PO Box address) and it has these random charges from Feb 2008, July 2008 and Nov 2008. I know for a fact it is their policy to lock your account and not send books or let you order books if you have a late payment or charge....so why would they continue to send me books if they didn't get paid in Feb.??? They didn't!!! I never received these books and from the titles of them, the books were ones I would never be interested in.  It's ridiculous. Not one bill, not one notice, now 2 years later they want to say I owe them $143. I have no idea how to straighten this mess out or to resolve this because I will not ever pay this fake bill. They have locked my online account out so I can't see my account and they won't provide me with a person or customer service department to talk to. I think it's outrageous that a company can come to you 2 years after you've stopped doing business with them and out of the blue stick you with this huge bill with no proof or no discussion and ruin your credit score. I would love to know if there is a mass law suit to sue them because I would be so in! Any suggestions or ideas of how to call them or resolve this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2010 07:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Spirit-Book-Club/internet/One-Spirit-Book-Club-Warning-False-Billing-Internet-610224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Spirit Book Club