Complaint Review: One Step Realty

• Submitted: Mon, August 04, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 27, 2009

• Reported By:Farmington Hills Michigan
One Step Realty
6095 28th Street Grand Rapids, Michigan U.S.A.

One Step Realty Renting your house? Avoid One Step Realty like the plague. They'll take your money and run Grand Rapids Michigan

*Consumer Comment: I had the same issues

*Consumer Comment: Interested in joining forces? Send your email address to one.step.scamfighter@gmail.com

*Consumer Comment: what was your resolution

*Consumer Comment: Update

*Consumer Comment: I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS - FILE YOUR COMPLAINTS WITH NARPM..HERE'S HOW:

*Consumer Comment: I have had the same thing happen to me by One Step Realty

*Consumer Comment: I am also a victim of One Step Realty with a very similar story. (Oakland County)

I was relocated overseas for work, and contracted these folks for rental property management. What a mistake. They did a decent sales pitch where they key promise was "Peace of Mind". Far from it, and I ended up losing ~$9000. So, if you are considering doing business with these buffoons, SAVE YOURSELF A HEADACHE AND STAY AWAY!!

First bad signal: the neighbors called me to inform me people were moving to the house, before receiving any notice from One Step. I can't tell if they were trying to cheat on me, report occupancy some months later and pocket the money mean while... but it gets worse

When I called to find out, I was almost dismayed to learn they rented the house for $400 less than the minimum we indicated in the contract. Again, some fast-talking from them saying how soft the market is and how better this tenant was compared to others. I'm in China, for Chris sake, and I didn't want to deal with this problem remotely, so I said OK, lets go ahead, and expected money to start flowing... BUT IT DIDN'T!!

After the 3rd call with excuses saying they were having trouble collecting from the tenant, we decided that my wife would take a plane back to the US and stay until the problem was solved. Checking with the local police we discovered the tenant that Step One accepted had long history of defaulting on her leases!! So what due diligence did these morons do? Clearly they didn't do any work.

At that point, we had to fire One Step, start legal action, and evict the tenant by ourselves.

Again, if you are considering doing business with One Step Realty, don't be fooled by their BBB (Better Business Bureau) certification, their NARPM (National Association of Residential Property Managers) certification, or the references they provide. So far, it seems to me that company is only three people: Michael Anderson, Marc Early and Cori Guyer, and they do everything. I'm all for small businesses, but clearly these people don't have the experience and resources to follow through with their promises. Save yourself the trouble and find a better company to manage your property

Juan C.
Farmington Hills, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2008 03:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Step-Realty/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49546/One-Step-Realty-Renting-your-house-Avoid-One-Step-Realty-like-the-plague-Theyll-take-358840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Step Realty

I had the same issues

AUTHOR: Craig - (U.S.A.)

I started using One Step Realty in June 2008, and I was not happy with my service. The tenants didn't pay rent on time the first month they were in the property. The property was leased for less than my wife and I had originally planned. We were frustrated, and we took our frustrations to Mike, the owner of the company.

While our tenants are still slow-paying tenants, they have never fully missed a month. Mike went above and beyond to help us through this tough situation, even cutting us a check before he received money from the tenants to show us that he trusted them to pay.

All in all, Mike really turned it around for us. The tenants take good care of the property, and it beats having to make a full mortgage payment every month for an empty house. I know not all situations are the same, but I would and continue to use One Step Realty to manage my property.

AUTHOR: Disgruntled Client - (U.S.A.)

I had the same experience with One Step Realty, Michael Anderson, Cori Guyer and Marc Early
Reading the reports in this site, I think we can stop these people. We can pool forces to get their Realtor Association License Revoked or suspended.

Once we have 5 or more people, we should have enough strength on the complain to be heard.

what was your resolution

AUTHOR: Ernest - (U.S.A.)

your story seems similar to mine. what was your resolution

Update

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

In connection with our dispute with One Step Realty discussed in my post dated October 23rd, 2008, please be advised that the parties have resolved the matter amicably.

AUTHOR: Home Owner - (U.S.A.)

I am in the process of gathering all of the info I have and will be filing by the end of this month. If you have had problems too, please file so others won't fall prey. See below:

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

How discerning to read that One Step has done the exact same thing to other people like it is common practice for them. I moved out of state, couldn't sell my home, and fell into the same trap of allowing them to manage my property after we couldn't sell our house for over a year. They never told me a tenant moved in, rented it for less than the minimum we requested, and the tenants have been trash who I'm sure had no background checks (though One Step claims they do in the brochure). The current tenants there are nearly 2 months behind on rent. Did One Step notify us when there was a problem.... NOT ONCE. Not even one little thing. Their willingness to help you is non-existent, and their employees are rude. I'd be willing to provide any information also to stop them from doing this to others. There are too many people in Michigan looking for relief from homes they can't sell. No one deserves to go through this.

I have had the same thing happen to me by One Step Realty

AUTHOR: Dveres - (U.S.A.)

Please get in touch with me and I would be happy to provide my information to you and your attorney (s).

AUTHOR: Linear - (U.S.A.)

I would like to discuss this with you, maybe our attorneys can get together and get this resolved a little faster than normal. I'm also in touch with another victim of One Step.