Complaint Review: One Step Realty

• Submitted: Tue, November 18, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 27, 2009

• Reported By:Kalamazoo Michigan
One Step Realty
6095 28th Street Grand Rapids, Michigan U.S.A.

One Step Realty - MIKE ANDERSON - CORI GUYER - LISA SONES is an Unreputable, Dishonest Company - Mike Anderson, Cori Guyer, Lisa Sones Grand Rapids Michigan

*General Comment: One Step Realty

*Consumer Suggestion: Interested in joining forces? Send your email address to one.step.scamfighter@gmail.com

*Consumer Comment: Has anyone taken legal action yet against One Step Realty?

I am having all the same problems that everyone else has mentioned. One Step has repeatedly breached the property management agreement, misrepresented information, not acted in my best interest, and has violated their fiduciary duty which is inherent to the principal/agent relationship that was forged when they entered into said property management agreement.

Also, they do not run proper checks on tenants and do not have an open policy of communication. They are difficult to get a hold of and claim that it takes 15 days for a check to clear funds. They also fell that they are entitled to half of the late payments that they collect!!

Please contact me as I would like to get involved with any legal action or serve as a witness for anyone that is going through this same situation.

DO NOT USE ONE STEP REALTY OR ANY COMPANY THAT IS OPERATED BY MIKE ANDERSON, CORI GUYER, OR LISA SONES - THEY ARE ALL DISHONEST.

Home owner
Kalamazoo, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2008 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Step-Realty/Grand-Rapids-Michigan/One-Step-Realty-MIKE-ANDERSON-CORI-GUYER-LISA-SONES-is-an-Unreputable-Dishonest-Co-392320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Step Realty

#1 General Comment

One Step Realty

AUTHOR: D - (United States of America)

I am in a similar situation October Rent was never deposited to us.  We said we were not going to deal with it any longer and want to terminate the contract. They are now attempting to sue us for breaking the contract that they breached since they stole our money. They have the tenants deposit September's rent and October's rent. I knew Septembers went for fees but there is no reason we should not have gotten Octobers. I am interested in teaming up with you.   We have not gotten any paperwork back from them yet.  And they were supposed to only do a 1 year lease and did a 2 year. I have no problem working with the tenants and managing the rental myself.  One step needs to have their license revoked.  They are ripping too many people off.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Disgruntled Client - (U.S.A.)

I had the same experience with One Step Realty, Michael Anderson, Cori Guyer and Marc Early
Reading the reports in this site, I think we can stop these people. We can pool forces to get their Realtor Association License Revoked or suspended.

Once we have 5 or more people, we should have enough strength on the complain to be heard.

Has anyone taken legal action yet against One Step Realty?

AUTHOR: Home Owner Gr - (U.S.A.)

I am a friend of an elderly homeowner in Grand Rapids, MI. The homeowner employed Mike Anderson from One Step Realty in the year 2007 to manage two of her residential rental properties. They made a verbal agreement that upon finding a lessee for her homes that One Step Realty would keep the first month's rent and ten percent of the monthly rental income thereafter for payment. Mike handled one of her rental homes in Grandville, MI. He found tenants for this home in 2007 and allowed them to move into her home without notifying her and offered them a lower monthly rent amount than what they agreed upon. Mike Anderson pocketed five months worth of her rental income and all security deposits from this tenant. After she did not see a deposit in her account during the first month for the security deposit she immediately began to try and contact One Step Realty to recover the rent money from her ivestment property. Mike only answered the phone once and refused to discuss the matter with her, demanded that she call his attorney, and hung up. There were never any written contracts, nor did she offer her signiture for any other paperwork. Her Grandville home is under foreclosure because she lost five months of income, and now foreclosure and homelessness are looming again due to her falling behind on house payments. Does anyone know what I can do to help?