Complaint Review: One Step realty

• Updated: Fri, April 01, 2011

• Reported By: Dontdaretosay — Somewhere Michigan United States of America
One Step realty
6095 28th St SE Grand Rapids, Michigan United States of America

One Step realty is an Evil and Corrupt company stay far away!!! Grand Rapids, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Michigan Real Estate Code

*Consumer Comment: out of curiosity..

I faxed a paper to Michael Anderson saying I would allow permission to enter my house to show people.  I told him I wasn't sure if I wanted my house rented and he assured me that the paper was just to let him in the house and that he would notify me if he found the right tenants.  About a month went by and I told him and wrote him emails saying that I no longer wanted him to rent my house.  A month goes by and my dad calls me and tells me that people have moved into my house.  (I live out of state.)  The house was rented with out me even knowing.  After calling over and over I have received one month rent payment since last October and it was less than the agreed upon amount.  My neighbors have told me that they thihk at least 10 people are living in the house, there is a dryer on the back porch and standing water in the yard that smells like sewage, and garbage all over outside.  These people are trash and Michael had originally said that he would only get the best tenants for the property.  This is all part of his scam.  I actually had a guy find me on facebook about my house and said that he tried to rent it from One Step but they wouldn't rent it to him.  Probably because he was a good renter.  The company told me that it would be $300 to evict the current tenants.  So what, they can put more crapppy tenants in my house and get the first months rent and do it all over again?  It is the same scam with everybody.  There are 5 of us emailing each other with almost the exact same situations.  It is very frusturating that a company can continue to get away with this.  I could go on and on.  Just save yourself the headaches and frusturation and stay far away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2011 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Step-realty/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49546/One-Step-realty-is-an-Evil-and-Corrupt-company-stay-far-away-Grand-Rapids-Michigan-711840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Step realty

Michigan Real Estate Code

AUTHOR: Mucius Scaevola - (United States of America)

Check out the Code at

It seems to me the company is breaking all kinds of codes.  Why does the state allow them to stay in business?  My father-in-law had the exact same problem with this company a year or so ago. He ended you evicting the renters.

out of curiosity..

AUTHOR: Steve - (United States of America)

Just curious, but the level and intricacy of this scam is on a similar level with another outfit that I am having issues with in New Haven, IN - with other "branches" in Grand Rapids, MI..  Although not the same business, I wonder if the same people are involved.  Have you dealt with anybody named Craig Walker?  Or, any phone numbers such as (616)308-2908?  If so, read this link, and feel free to contact me via this website.