Complaint Review: One Stop Motors = OneStopMotors.com

• Submitted: Sun, August 15, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, August 18, 2010

• Reported By: ang — los angeles California United States of America
One Stop Motors = OneStopMotors.com
2950 South Rancho, Ste 200, Las Vegas, NV 89102 Internet United States of America

One Stop Motors = OneStopMotors.com ONESTOPMOTORS.COM WILL RIP YOU OFF, ONE UNSOLD CAR AT A TIME! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: OSM

*UPDATE Employee: OSM 123

When looking to sell my 2005 Audi A4, I did some on-line research and came across onestopmotors.com. This company claims to be an extremely successful company at selling cars.

When I first spoke to one of their representatives, or should I say sleazy, salespeople, I was given a "demo" as to how they sell cars so successfully. Apparently if you googled 65 Mustang or something to that effect, the very first link showing, one of the sponsored links, belonged to onestopmotors.com.

I was not totally convinced that this company could sell my cars as fast as they claimed they would. They even priced my car about $2,400 above what I told them I wanted to sell it for. They claimed that they price higher in order to account for the financing that they do.

The dealmaker for me, however, was their 6 month money back guarantee. Basically, if you follow certain guidelines such as providing a picture of the VIN and approving of the ad and such, if the car has not sold in those 6 months, the company will refund your money. HA! That's where the joke comes in.

I read this guarantee front and back, forwards and backwards, more than one time. The requirements seemed reason able, and so on September 11, 2009, I bit the bullet and regretably forwarded to onestopmotors.com my hard-earned $499. That was the last time I saw my money because on March 11, 2010, I completed the paperwork and asked for my money back since the car did not sell. It was a miracle that there were any calls for the car at all. I really dont see how this company can sell any cars. But I digress.

Upon signing up, I forwarded about a dozen pictures of my car to onestopmotors, including the VIN picture. I received an e-mail confirming that my photos would be on the website and that I should review the pictures and ad. I did. The car was mistakenly advertised as a 6 cylinder car. I called the customer service number and I told them that it was a 4 cylinder, not a 6. The customer service rep. thanked me and assured me that this mistake would be corrected shortly. A few days back I checked and it was now correctly stated.

Onestopmotors.com refused to honor their guarantee claiming that I had NOT fulfilled the requirement of approving of the online ad. This obvioulsy was a mistake. I did as I was supposed to do 100% in order to receive my refund.

I contacted Robert Wilder via certified letter of his company's refusal to honor their money back guarantee. You think Robert would have the decency to respond to this legitimate claim? Never heard from the guy. He is probably too busy hiring more scammers to steal money from other poor saps who simply need to sell their car.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! I will be contacting the Nevada Attorney General to prevent others from falling on this trap. They have this "money back guarantee" to apeace folks who feel they have nothing to lose!!! WRONG, this company will do whatever it can to make sure you dont see a penny back!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2010 07:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Stop-Motors-OneStopMotorscom/internet/One-Stop-Motors-OneStopMotorscom-ONESTOPMOTORSCOM-WILL-RIP-YOU-OFF-ONE-UNSOLD-CAR-A-631655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Stop Motors = OneStopMotors.com

OSM

AUTHOR: OSM123 - (United States of America)

OSM 123

AUTHOR: OSM123 - (United States of America)

OSM is committed to providing aggressive and effective advertising for all of its' customers. To discuss this with OSM directly, please feel free to call 877-566-6686 Monday - Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm PST. Our friendly customer service representatives are more than happy to assist you.