Complaint Review: One Stop Motors

• Updated: Wed, November 28, 2007

• Reported By:Ione California
One Stop Motors
2950 South Rancho, Suite 200 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

One Stop Motors - Glenn Johnson - Ken (missed Last Name) Very Suspicious Las Vegas Nevada

Less than 3 days after placing my car add in Autotrader, I received a call from One Stop Motors indicating that they could sell my car for more than I was asking, and it would not cost me anything. I soon found out (as I suspected) that their claim was false. For just a one-time fee of $499.00, they would aggressively market my vehicle.

I spoke with a man named Ken for a while. Ken gave a very persuasive sales pitch, and it sounded like a pretty sweet deal. They would sell my car for more that I was asking, and the $499 would be paid for. They guaranteed to market the car until it was sold; handle the money, transfer the title, and ship the car. How could I go wrong?

I then asked, "If you can sell the car for more than I am asking, why don't you take your fee after the car sells?" It seems to me, that any company claiming such success (or worth their salt) would not have a problem with this. They told me I had to pay up front. I told them I would have to check my account and get back to them.

The first thing I did was check them out. I am glad I did. I don't know anything about them, so I won't make any accusations; however, I feel really good about my decision not to use their service or give them any vital, personal information. I think I just saved myself $499.00 and a great deal of frustration!

Ione, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2007 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Stop-Motors/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89102/One-Stop-Motors-Glenn-Johnson-Ken-missed-Last-Name-Very-Suspicious-Las-Vegas-Nevada-287415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Stop Motors